HOW TO FIND THE T V REMOTE

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Can any one tell me an easy way to find the remote if it wanders off?? I've just spent 30 minutes looking for my SKY remote and was at my wits end !Under cushions, back of settee .Had I dropped it and inadvertently kicked under the settee ? You can't dial it from another remote like you can a missing mobile ?:fp:
I finally found it by retracing my steps from last night . I tidied up ready for bed and put it away in a drawer with some other stuff ! :13::eyesroll:

Can any one tell me an easy way to find the remote if it wanders off?? I've just spent 30 minutes looking for my SKY remote and was at my wits end !Under cushions, back of settee .Had I dropped it and inadvertently kicked under the settee ? You can't dial it from another remote like you can a missing mobile ?:fp:
I finally found it by retracing my steps from last night . I tidied up ready for bed and put it away in a drawer with some other stuff ! :13::eyesroll:
We often used to lose our control and spent many hours looking for it. The best problem solver is to wear it round your neck on a long chain. Doing that is OK providing you remove it when you go for a pee. It can be rather difficult trying to aim at the pan when your vision is obscured by a Sky TV remote control. I once was in such a predicament and, in a bout of frustration whilst trying to perform the aforementioned bit of nature, dragged it from my neck and threw it at the bathroom window sill. Unfortunately, the window was open and the control shot through and landed among our rose bushes. I will not bore you with the amount of swear words that emanated from my lips during the next 45 minutes whilst I searched in vain and suffering umpteen amounts of punctures from the thorns. The result of that action solved our problem. We bought a few spare controls and hung them in picture frames around the room. :36:

Similar to doing like the banks have done with ink pens on little chains attached to the countertop. You could tie a bit of string around the remote and attach it to the arm of the chair, or chair leg. :rolling:

THANKS TERRY but I haven' t got the smart phone needed to be able to have it help me find these ":fp::02:

I have a similar problem with tools after doing jobs and spend a few minutes scouring the house for where I left them!

Back