Holmsworth!

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
The announcer on GOLD, introducing Big Day At Dream Acres, has just said " There's never a dull day in Holmsworth" Is this a new location? :(

Sounds like someone who does not have a clue and probably reading from a piece of paper and just assumes it is ok

Neither the announcer nor the person who wrote his lines have any idea what fun they're missing! The poor dears!

Marianna

Its not as bad as being called Stonefirth like it was called in one of the books. Cant remember which though.

Amos I think that was on the LOSW bank notes which were sold of ebay some years back,I have one somewhere,it had The Bank of Stonefirth on them

The Bank Notes

I Knew I had one somewhere

Note.jpg

I Knew I had one somewhere

Note.jpg
Never knew they existed.

There did some period when the BBc was at pains to hide the concept of Holmfirth at all costs - the Country Companion had to follow this as it was a BBC published book.

There did some period when the BBc was at pains to hide the concept of Holmfirth at all costs ...

I wonder why the BBC ever bothered trying to keep Holmfirth under wraps when they had outed it in the pilot. Shortly after the trio enter the library reading room, Blamire is holding a newspaper up in front of the camera with the title "Holmfirth Express" big as life and it's in full view long enough to be easily read.

Marianna

Back