Holmfirth....or....The Serengeti ??????

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
Iv'e been thinking....are we sure our favourite thinks actually filmed in West Yorkshire ?????.....I mean...it looks all lush and green......but.........IT NEVER RAINS !!!.....how many episodes have we ever seen rainfall ? [we cannot include Compo's magic rain detecting pole !!...although Elie fooled Edie and Glenda into putting up their brollys]....I have sneaky feeling that all the trees and plants are props,and any minute we may see a passing cheetah !!.....and if it is The Serengeti....will Clegg take off his second pullover ??
We see clouds.....we see trees blowing in the wind......but no rain ?????.
X!

I did watch an episode last night, but can't remember the title where the trio, Foggy,Cleggy, and Compo came over a bridge in the country. The cobbles and flags were wet so there had just been a shower. I thought at the time the wardrobe department wouldn't like this if Foggy got mud daubed up his beige trouser. Its round about the bouncy castle episode.

I think it rained in several earlier episodes, though it doesn't always show up.

Around the mid 90s I think they tended to make sure most if not all series were filmed around summer time, partly for the health of the ageing cast and to make the crew's job easier.

I watched the episode with the bath lastnight. It had been raining when the were stood outside Auntie's

Iv'e been thinking....are we sure our favourite thinks actually filmed in West Yorkshire ?????.....I mean...it looks all lush and green......but.........IT NEVER RAINS !!!.....how many episodes have we ever seen rainfall ? [we cannot include Compo's magic rain detecting pole !!...although Elie fooled Edie and Glenda into putting up their brollys]....I have sneaky feeling that all the trees and plants are props,and any minute we may see a passing cheetah !!.....and if it is The Serengeti....will Clegg take off his second pullover ??
We see clouds.....we see trees blowing in the wind......but no rain ?????.
X!

I think that Yorkshire has some dangerous creatures after a night at the watering holes! :)

Back