Holmfirth Five-Oh

Which of the Five and dimes pluck your strings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
And in this weeks installment of the 'battle of the episodes', we have an absolute plethora of choice, fit for an early Xmas buffet.
The link this week? Ah well, now that's a secret. You're welcome to have a guess mind.
So, have a ponder, have a natter and cast a vote between these classic episodes.

I chose The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty, becaause I liked the little scene with Wally and Nora in thier kitchen and also it's my favourite episode of them all. As fo the link: Did we go inside Nora's house on all occasions?

As my old Nan might've said "Now then, the link, there's a thing you see, there are more things between the field and the milking stool that eejits like us can't be the beholders of"
She didn't say that mind.

Voted for Whoops purely for the stunts , jumping from the moving bus and climbing lampposts, plus the sheer stupidity of the trio's friends who appear straight laced but are anything but when they have consumed a couple of sherbets and finally Sid and Wally up the lampposts much to the disdain of Ivy and Nora

The Mysterious Feet for me Inky......
The dialogue in the pub in the pub is top notch......Wally " I'm the wrong age for going sterile !!!".... walking to Nora's Wally exclaiming "I see fellas lookin' at her and saying I WISH SHE WERE MINE !!!...I WISH SHE WERE MINE !!!...BUT SHE'S MINE !!!.......IV'E RAISED HER FROM AN EGG !!!!...IV'E FED HER...TRAINED HER...SHE'S GONNA WIN RACES FOR ME.....SHE'S MY PIGEON !!!"......comedy gold !!!.
Nora in the kitchen with Wally....."Stop lookin' at me...it's like a piece of furniture has come to life....I wouldn't mind if you weren't so badly put together!"......Wally asking "how big are yer feet ???....."....and Nora asking "have you been readin' mucky books ?".
Codfanglers is spot on...the awkward smile when Wally is washing his hands...and gets caught by Nora trying to see her feet is a beautiful scene....only the genius that is Joe Gladwin could make that scene so perfect

Inky I love your title to the thread, this is exactly the sort of title Roy Clarke would have had created (if he had ever referenced Holfirth!)

Now, that's what I hoped for, a good spread on the voting, a good turn out on the voting and a proper discussion.
Thanks to everyone who got involved.
As for the link between the episodes?
There was no 'objective' link.
They are my 5 favourite episodes of all time.

Back