Hi everyone!

Stephen

Thanks for accepting my request to join. I have been aching to join a group that was as passionate about summer wine as I am - and now I have!

To cut a long (and boring) story short, I first became hooked on summer wine aged 6 or 7 and have not looked back since. I used to get the Getting Sam Home film out from the rental shop every time dad would allow ( he is a fan too), and it is still one of my most enduring memories as a kid. Such a beautiful programme.

Anyway, thanks and say hello.

Welcome aboard. Getting Sam Home one of my favourites too. I love the way it’s shot, it “feels” a bit different to the rest.

Welcome Stephen. I agree with you Getting Sam Home was a classic episode on many levels. Sad that it was the last appearance of John Comer, but still fine performances all around.

Hi Stephen, 'Getting Sam Home' is also my favourite SW film. Foggy sitting up in the coffin when the neighbour is walking the dog at night cracks me up. That, for all its simplicity, is pure genius and is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Welcome to the group and I look forward to your input. We are all variations of the SW characters. Who is your favourite Stephen? :):D:37::cool2::cheek:

Hello Stephen a very warm welcome to the site so nice to have another true fan on board . I am sure you will enjoy your time on here . Take time to look at the members photos section and certainly Terry's [Maltrab] excellent location map its great to to put real place names to locations where they filmed. :)

Welcome aboard. Getting Sam Home one of my favourites too. I love the way it’s shot, it “feels” a bit different to the rest.

Yes I love that. I particularly like the way they filmed in the actual settings in this one. One of the few occasions that they did.

My dad loves 'Last of...' too, but has always struggled with Getting Sam Home because of the lack of laughter track on it; however, I enjoy it and it has never bothered me. Perhaps it's because I am a massive fan of a lot of the TV spin off movies, such as Steptoe, andThe Likely Lads.

Hi Stephen, 'Getting Sam Home' is also my favourite SW film. Foggy sitting up in the coffin when the neighbour is walking the dog at night cracks me up. That, for all its simplicity, is pure genius and is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Welcome to the group and I look forward to your input. We are all variations of the SW characters. Who is your favourite Stephen? :):D:37::cool2::cheek:

Hi Peripheral and thanks for the welcome.

I'm not sure I have a favourite -- I love them all equally. I suppose I'm most like Clegg, so, if I had to choose, it would be him. I tend to be more of a fan of the couples. My favourite being Nora and Wally. Surely one of the greatest double acts in sitcom history.

Welcome Stephen. I agree with you Getting Sam Home was a classic episode on many levels. Sad that it was the last appearance of John Comer, but still fine performances all around.

Absolutely -- so sad. Sid is one of my favourite characters. I always thought John Comer was such a natural actor and he suited the role perfectly. His exchanges with Ivy in the very early series are some of the funniest moments in all of Summer Wine, I think.

Back