HD Episodes

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I've just discovered that Gold now has quite a few episodes to download in HD format, I already have the full series on DVD but none of them are in HD.

Watching in HD makes the stunning scenery come to life! Deffo worth a download for those who have Sky and a HD TV!!!!

I've just discovered that Gold now has quite a few episodes to download in HD format, I already have the full series on DVD but none of them are in HD.

Watching in HD makes the stunning scenery come to life! Deffo worth a download for those who have Sky and a HD TV!!!!

What would be nice especially with the early ones if they rescanned the films to 4k resolution, talking to the cameraman Pat O'Shea said the info on the film compared to what went out on TV and video is much better, this is what they do with old movie and re release them on Blue Ray, I have the original Railway children in 4k and that makes HD quality really lacking.

The thing to watch with sky is they don't not stream anywhere near the full bit rate, otherwise it would cost them a lot more money to do this, data is money when they transmit, the only stuff that generally went out full bitrate on sky was main BBC channels and probably ITV now, but of course the BBC don't mind spending people's money.
If you are downloading these I would like to know the file size please,as if they are downloaded it could be a much higher bit rate

Looked it up Barry and we are now downloading one. I didn't know it was available in HD. Looking forward to watching it in the HD format. Thanks for the info.

Wow that sounds very technical! The files are about 2.5GB which to me would be what I'd expect for 1/2 hr for HD. I've got a 60 inch TV and it looks so much better in HD.

I don't think they've released the DVD's officially on Blu Ray, and due to commercial viablity I doubt they will now. Do you know what series they started filming in HD? I know Alan Bell always embraced modern filming technology when he could

What would be nice especially with the early ones if they rescanned the films to 4k resolution, talking to the cameraman Pat O'Shea said the info on the film compared to what went out on TV and video is much better, this is what they do with old movie and re release them on Blue Ray, I have the original Railway children in 4k and that makes HD quality really lacking.

The thing to watch with sky is they don't not stream anywhere near the full bit rate, otherwise it would cost them a lot more money to do this, data is money when they transmit, the only stuff that generally went out full bitrate on sky was main BBC channels and probably ITV now, but of course the BBC don't mind spending people's money.
If you are downloading these I would like to know the file size please,as if they are downloaded it could be a much higher bit rate
The one we downloaded in HD this afternoon Terry is 1.93 GB.

Wow that sounds very technical! The files are about 2.5GB which to me would be what I'd expect for 1/2 hr for HD. I've got a 60 inch TV and it looks so much better in HD.

I don't think they've released the DVD's officially on Blu Ray, and due to commercial viablity I doubt they will now. Do you know what series they started filming in HD? I know Alan Bell always embraced modern filming technology when he could

I believe it was series 27 Merry Entwistle and Jackson Day, it shows in the credits HD camera Daniel Mulligan

I can just envisage Compo commenting on seeing Nora's stockings in 4K HD "Bleh, look at those wrinkles!" :rolling:

Back