Happy Anniversary Gough and Jessie

Beth

Dedicated Member
What is Barry saying that he wants throughout this episode? I can't make it out. Sounds like Hi Fi.... :p

I think your right Beth. Hi Fi stereo I believe.

Yes, that's right, he was saving up for a hi-fi.
Also, I love your forum name, and Wesley centainly does rock!! I always thought it would have been funny if one of the shows would have had Edie riding in the Land Rover with him and yelling at him to turn down the radio.
"Turn it down !! ,,, "Whaaa??!!"" ,,, "Turn it down !!!! ,,, "Whaaa??!!!! :respect:

Yes the very early Wesley episodes had him playing very loud music whilst driving his landrover. This seemed to lessen over time, or perhaps the tape player broke down! Possibly an 8-track? ::) ::) ::)

Still have a stereo with an eight-track tape player. However, the volume control is wonky and the stereo needs to go for repairs. Still have some eight-track tapes. :)

Still have a stereo with an eight-track tape player. However, the volume control is wonky and the stereo needs to go for repairs. Still have some eight-track tapes. :)
I wish I had thought ahead on keeping my record player. Nostalgia always comes back. It would still get used. Records are always being sold in our 2nd hand shops and are unbelievably in good shape.

I still have my records and cassette tapes even though I haven't had a player for either in years and years. Maybe someday, I guess!

On the other hand, I should probably just re-buy the stuff I want since I'm completely converted to digital at this point in my car and home stereo set-ups. I've already done that to some extent with my cassette collection.

Guess what folks! You can still purchase combos containing turntables and cassette players!! They're are still available!!!

I still have my records

I play a record album (33) every evening during dinner. It's almost
always jazz from the 60's or 70's. I keep them clean and they
play well. Last night it was a Harrison/Blanchard album. The
previous night it was Ella.

The rest of the day we have on our local jazz fm station (WNCU).

I let all my vinyl go when I got CDs , otherwise I would be investing in one of the combo's which plays all 3 formats :-\ :(

Always liked it when the lads kidnapped Gough it was a masterpiece of comedy and when Marina got involved it got even better the final scenes when he is in the truck...

Did anyone think that the relative who was telling Jessie that her husband was gone, was acting strange? It looked like he was coughing up something or about ready to sneeze.

Not sure about the coughing or sneezing, but Roy Clarke also used the "person accidentally riding on a truck" sequence in KUA. Hyacinth ended up on the truck after an elaborate ruse (which was hysterically funny) to avoid being seen by some society ladies who were walking by. And just like Gough, she couldn't help but be seen.

I know it sounds weird but when Jessie is explaining to her male relative that it is ok that he left, this relative just seems to be making weird faces. :D It could be the way the film was cut but the episode I taped just makes this man look a bit strange. Of course I have relatives that I think are a bit strange at times..... :me:

Guess what folks! You can still purchase combos containing turntables and cassette players!! They're are still available!!!
Yes but often only two speed - I need three speeds (which generally come with four) as I have a large collection of 78s which I really want to transfer to CD. I have a two speed deck on my set up, but am looking for a Garrard SP25 or similar to connect up to my amp and CD recorder.

However I am less worried about transferring vinyl as they can last a long time but my audio cassettes are another matter: they are potentially degradeable, just like VHS tapes.

Back