Guests

Rhi

Dedicated Member
We seem to get a lot of guests visiting the forum. I wonder why they don't join us here? If there are guests reading this, hello! Join up. It's a great place to be.

Yes, great members, nice forum, great topics, a lot to talk about. So why not join today? ;D

Yes it is odd,though some will be search engines trawling the forum,I also find it odd that someone will go through the process of joining,then never logging in,I have recently changed the questions used to join the forum,as I had noticed that unwanted elements had passed that stage, and it was only further checks I made that stopped them becoming members,I think the answers to the original question were worked out and then passed around,as I had a batch of attempts by new members to join,these came from China,India and the likes,so I am going to change those questions on a regular basis in the hope these folk never get to join,though some are even more cunning by making it look as if they are based in the UK or USA,hopping around different servers and faking their ip address, if anyone notices any thing odd going on with a new member then please let me know or either of the moderators and they will be gone.........

Really? I'd never have thought of all that. What a shame people take something so great and want to spoil it like that.

I joined another one a few weeks ago and can't make head nor tail of it. This one is great its easy, friendly and feels save.

I have to say that I probably spend more time on this forum than any other ... with 1100 + posts I must have made some ??? ??? ::) sense ... perhaps not!

I don't want to use this forum to put down other forums, but this one seems so user friendly. I read recently that fellow forum member also spends time on the Keeping Up Appearances forum. I was very intrigued by this and I joined. However, registration was quite a hassle as I had to keep re-entering. And when I finally got in I found the screen layout to be confusing. In reality, I don't know how a forum can run on a show that lasted 6-7 years. One asset about Summer Wine that I always mention is that it lasted 37 years. A lot of different eras and cast members offer so many topics. Oh well.

The unfortunate thing about the KUA forum not working for me was that I was so proud of my user name, Porky Hughton. He was one of Clarke's character names that never made a physical appearance. He was a golf buddy of the Major. To me that name is just classic Roy Clarke! If not my user name would have been "The Commodore". Anyway, I really only have time for one forum and I neglect a lot of work due to this joy.

I may be one of the least knowledgeable of the Summer wine Forum regulars here, but I learn from the experts. However, this Christmas I might really try to get Andrew Vine's book as well as Allan Bell's new book. Then I might join the "expert circle".

So Terry, you are changing the opening entry questions to this forum. I must tell you I almost failed the entry a while back due to your one question, first name of the shop owner. It stumped me because I view Auntie as a nickname or term of endearment but not a first name. However, I figured it out the second time around.

I don't want to use this forum to put down other forums, but this one seems so user friendly. I read recently that fellow forum member also spends time on the Keeping Up Appearances forum. I was very intrigued by this and I joined. However, registration was quite a hassle as I had to keep re-entering. And when I finally got in I found the screen layout to be confusing. In reality, I don't know how a forum can run on a show that lasted 6-7 years. One asset about Summer Wine that I always mention is that it lasted 37 years. A lot of different eras and cast members offer so many topics. Oh well.

The unfortunate thing about the KUA forum not working for me was that I was so proud of my user name, Porky Hughton. He was one of Clarke's character names that never made a physical appearance. He was a golf buddy of the Major. To me that name is just classic Roy Clarke! If not my user name would have been "The Commodore". Anyway, I really only have time for one forum and I neglect a lot of work due to this joy.

I may be one of the least knowledgeable of the Summer wine Forum regulars here, but I learn from the experts. However, this Christmas I might really try to get Andrew Vine's book as well as Allan Bell's new book. Then I might join the "expert circle".

So Terry, you are changing the opening entry questions to this forum. I must tell you I almost failed the entry a while back due to your one question, first name of the shop owner. It stumped me because I view Auntie as a nickname or term of endearment but not a first name. However, I figured it out the second time around.

You have a valid point with the Auntie name,I hope the new questions do not stump folk,but if it is to easy any non wanted non fan might gain access,Terry

Isn't it sad that you have to protect the forum from malice like that? Thank you, Maltrab, for what you do quietly behind the scenes on our behalf.

Can I ask here, if I change my IP, and obviously my e-mail address, do I have to register again. I am a bit dim sometimes about these things.

It is sad, and also that you only have time for one forum, as I'm sure you'd like visiting and we are a friendly bunch. Many thanks, Terry, for the protection of us.

Can I ask here, if I change my IP, and obviously my e-mail address, do I have to register again. I am a bit dim sometimes about these things.

Should not be a issue,though just need to check your new ip address is not in the blocked list,if you have a problem once you move providers then contact me by email mail4wine@gmail.com and I will sort it,Terry

Should not be a issue,though just need to check your new ip address is not in the blocked list,if you have a problem once you move providers then contact me by email mail4wine@gmail.com and I will sort it,Terry

Thank you I will remember that. It should happen in a couple of weeks.

It is sad, and also that you only have time for one forum, as I'm sure you'd like visiting and we are a friendly bunch. Many thanks, Terry, for the protection of us.

Hey JRT, you might be referring to me and my comment about not having the time for KUA's Forum. I found the site very awkward to get into but if you strongly recommend it, I could give it another try. Are topics posted every day like this one?

Back