Great Back-to-Back Episodes

Must agree that the Scarborough episodes are brilliant, plus the "Wales" one (cos i live very close to where it was filmed) and of course "Full steam behind".
But...recently, i've been enjoying the Truly episodes more and more, they seem less "silly", if you will, especially the ones with Billy Hardcastle featuring in them, i do like the dry humour of Truly and Billy.
If i'm honest (and this may well upset some of you), i find that some of the Compo episodes are starting to get a bit wearing, i'm not watching them right to the end, i don't know why but i'm getting a bit bored with some of them.
It's been well documented that Bill considered himself the star of the show and i'm finding that in some episodes it shows, maybe i shouldn't have read the book by Micheal Vines, that could well have "coloured" my feelings towards Bill, it's as though he's trying TOO hard and some of his performances make me cringe slightly.

G ; )

I think there is a valid point there. There were always meant to be three stars - different characters whose interaction was the fun.

In many ways Clegg was the central, pivotal role and without that the rest would fall away. This could explain why a general disenchantment that is occasionally expressed about the later series. No one else really provide that central ground, either Alvin, Billy or Entwistle.

As regards back to back episodes the Scarborough set is the best, for me.

Some of you may find this sacriligious but I found the Scarborough episodes something of a turnoff . I much prefer some of the early Seymour episodes especially with Barry and Wesley featuring ( Not only are you a pillock Seymour but you are apparently deaf!!)But as the prophet once said it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things ::)

Back