Goodnight Sweetheart

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering what other members thought of the series Goodnight Sweetheart and where they think it rates against the best of other British Sitcoms. I have been watching it again on Gold, I think the concept of the main character being able to travel back to wartime London is a stroke of genius,add to that the brilliance of Nicholas Lyndhurst and other talented cast members I think it has been an underrated series that stacks up well with the best of British comedy.

I use to enjoy it a lot. But I always loved the period drama costumes.................

I think the show had a cast change half way though with the actress who played Pheobe being changed also the actress playing Gary Sparrows wife I think was also changed.

I think the show had a cast change half way though with the actress who played Pheobe being changed also the actress playing Gary Sparrows wife I think was also changed.

Correct. Dervla Kirwan played Phoebe in the first three series. For the last three it was Elizabeth Carling.
Michelle Holmes played Yvonne in the first three series. For the last three it was Emma Amos

i think its a great show, definately in my top 10 sitcoms, yes gary was selfish but if he werent then the show wouldnt have been a good as it was

Downloaded the first series of TheBox and we are hooked.

Just ordered the second series from amazon uk.

Probably will stop after Dervla's character leaves, though.

chuck

Back