GOATHLAND WEBCAM.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I've been checking on the railway webcams over a few weeks. Strange thing, when the trains were running I used to see a fair amount of wildlife . ,a fox, and numerous little birds. several jays, a stoat (I think) Since the trains have stopped I've seen next to nothing. Not even the ubiquitous wood pigeons.??:tw:

I've been checking on the railway webcams over a few weeks. Strange thing, when the trains were running I used to see a fair amount of wildlife . ,a fox, and numerous little birds. several jays, a stoat (I think) Since the trains have stopped I've seen next to nothing. Not even the ubiquitous wood pigeons.??:tw:
Strange that Dick. We have quite a variety of birds in our garden including wood pigeons. They are very well fed.

Here in the States, there has been a report of a cougar sleeping in a tree in the middle of a small town.

And at Cape Canaveral, whenever they shoot off a rocket, it makes such a loud booming noise that all of the male alligators rise up out of the canals and bellow in response.

I'm really feeling for the amazing heritage railways we have in the UK, I live very close to the Severn Valley Railway and I know they live a hand to mouth existence at the best of time. I do hope they all survive this as they're so reliant on visitors, and I can't imagine social distancing is going to help.

These heritage railways should be OK. It shouldn't be too difficult to set up social distancing on the rail cars and some rail cars are partially open and others are all the way open, just flat cars with seating which is good because it is a known fact that sunlight and fresh air are deterrents to the COVID-19.

I'd want to be upwind from everyone else on an open car. The virus can remain active in still air for up to three hours and is carried by moving air.

Shows my lack of knowledge, didn't think there was heritage railways in the UK, don't know why though!

Hope you're all keeping safe the other side of the Atlantic, really sad to see what's happening in the news on top of the stress of a pandemic - stay safe!

Back