Football

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Just when you think that the nightly input of football to your TV screen has finally come to an end, along comes another competition. You may be a fan of football ⚽ and be looking forward to this next competition. I would enjoy it more if there wasn't so much cheating. Footballers should be made aware that the term 'free kick' means a kick at the ball and not a kick at a member of the opposing team. Dick made a good observation a few weeks ago about the distance pinched when a player is taking a throw in. Some of them take ages before they actually throw the ball in and while they are making their mind up they are slowly working their way down the line into their opponents half of the field. Last week I saw a player take so long over his throw in that the referee organized a 'barn dance' while the player decided where to throw the ball. During the time he was deciding where to throw it he was inching his way down the line. By the time he did throw it he had walked right down the line, out of the ground and into the car park. The ball hit some guy on the back of the head who, at the time, was snogging with a young lady. I must tell you that his hands were very much off side. Ladies, I am not ignoring you in this mail, in fact, I would much rather watch a women's match than a man's. The fairer sex are much more skillful playing football than the fellas.
If I go on any more about football I will need extra time.:oops: :mad: :35:......

Foul throws are fairly common o_O you're a pro footballer you have skipped school to pursue your dream you train all week but you don't have the skill and nous on the legal and correct way to take a throw in . God help them if they had to do National Service and God help the instructor teaching them how to throw a grenade [do they still do that ? ] be quite a dangerous job they'd be as nervous as Michael Knowles was in Dad's Army.

As peri says Captain throw ins are just part of the problem The Liverpool side of the STEVE HEIGHWAY era had skill , nous , and degrees !You may decide to query my reasoning but the modern game has got cheating (at times) off pat and to my mind its lost a lot of its allure since they started playing to empty stadiums !:cheek:

Back