Food shortage due??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Being on the first floor overlooking a busy junction ,I look at people passing .I've noticed the same shoppers going by every day and coming back laden !Either they all have large families or they are getting through a load of food, The same faces have been coming and going since before Christmas ! My generation was brought up to get enough before the day and make it last !:confused::rolleyes:

Yes Dick but our generation only had Christmas Day and Boxing Day as holidays, and it was back to work on the 27th.

OK, they may be retired and have deli favorites that constitutes a meal. OR They're retired and bored and going to the supermarket is a form of getting out of the house. OR They have millennials living in the basement and they automatically restock. Some or all of the above.

IT IS NO SECRET that Big Food puts chemicals in the food that makes us want to have more. Yes, food is being made ADDICTIVE!!! And it is no secret that we've been steered towards what is known as the Standard American Diet (SAD) based on breads, pizza, macaroni, pasta, and the like, all of which turns into sugar. Yes, it all turns into sugar. And what we DO NOT NEED is sugar for that is what puts on the weight.

Being on the first floor overlooking a busy junction ,I look at people passing .I've noticed the same shoppers going by every day and coming back laden !Either they all have large families or they are getting through a load of food, The same faces have been coming and going since before Christmas ! My generation was brought up to get enough before the day and make it last !:confused::rolleyes:

Dick it has probably gone off. Quite often I see stuff in supermarket that is marked best before 29th, and today is 29th so does that not mean it is now past its best. Before 29th means eat by 28th surely?

And I bought some potted meat and when checked carton it was sold two days after its use by date! Have to remove tub from cardboard wrapper to ascertain the date.

So that is why they keep going back - iot has gone off!

Back