Favourite flavor crisps

amos hames

Dedicated Member
To continue the food theme what are everyones favourite flavor crisps either modern or long gone flavors.or brands.Does anyone remember Murphys crisps or was this just a southern thing.

Here are a few crisps that were around when i was young.See how many you remember

Football crazy
Sky Divers
Farmer Browns
Discos
Bones or Fangs
Wheat Crunchies
Rancheros
Outer Spacers
Ringos

Please feel free to add any others

mmm Crisps for breakfast!!??
Ready salted (walkers)
Cheese Doritos
Salt and vinegar sticks
I don't think you can count them has crisps but I like Mini Chedders too :)

Ready salted (walkers)
Cheese Doritos
Salt and vinegar sticks

I think chedders count,I used to like Golden Wonder not sure they make them any more.
Smiths crispy tubes were good as well

Frisps
Roysters
Griddles
Seabrooks

Wheat Crunchies is a marvellous shout Amos, they are a thing of beauty!

Ready salted (walkers)
Cheese Doritos
Salt and vinegar sticks

I think chedders count,I used to like Golden Wonder not sure they make them any more.
Smiths crispy tubes were good as well

Oh Smiths Tubes!! Yes I remember them, I liked them too. Not seen them for years.

And going off topic (Sorry) Spangles!! Bring back Spangles!!
And that miners dust you used to get in a little draw string bag.

Frisps
Roysters
Griddles
Seabrooks

Griddles? they ring a bell i think they were made by kp.Seabrooks are great too but
down here in Kent we do not get that many of the flavours only plain and i think cheese and onion.You are right about Wheat Crunchies Rob they were divine

My favourite crisps of all time were the original crinkly cut Smiths crisps with the little twist of salt inside . As for Murphys crisps my wifes aunt used to work at a factory in Scunthorpe that packaged crisps, dependinding on the day of the week it was either Murphys or Golden Wonder or crisps for the Costcutter type of shops own!

Frisps
Roysters
Griddles
Seabrooks

Griddles? they ring a bell i think they were made by kp.Seabrooks are great too but
down here in Kent we do not get that many of the flavours only plain and i think cheese and onion.You are right about Wheat Crunchies Rob they were divine

Yeah, KP Griddles, that's right mate. They weren't around all that long as I recall, a brief spell in big boxes at Supermarkets and off they went.
Seabrooks are lovely Crisps, lots of lovely flavours.....Spring Onion, Worcester Sauce, Cream Cheese and Chive, Tomato Sauce etc.
I love Crisps, my only real vice in the world (if you discount drinking, smoking, gambling and dirty women!) but since losing my sight and having hypertensive Blood Pressure I've had to give them up (cut down!).
Seabrooks are ore of a Northern brand really. A few years ago ASDA used to do a multipack line in 'Great British flavours',,,,they were smashing, they had Sausage and Brown Sauce, Worcester Sauce, Cheese and Pickle and another, they were superb.

How sbout Burtons potato puffs i remember my brother used to ride his bike to the next village to buy them.

How sbout Burtons potato puffs i remember my brother used to ride his bike to the next village to buy them.

No, I dont remember those mate, I certainly do recall the Football Krazy's you mentioned earlier, you got a little sticker in each packet! Were there Burtons potato puffs similar?
Do you remember Chipsticks? They used to tear your mouth to pieces.

No, I dont remember those mate, I certainly do recall the Football Krazy's you mentioned earlier, you got a little sticker in each packet! Were there Burtons potato puffs similar?
Do you remember Chipsticks? They used to tear your mouth to pieces.

They were a bit smaller than football Krazy but ready salted flavor as football Krazy
were bacon flavor they used to be about 10p a pack.As for chipsticks i do remember them i think they camr in two flavors plain and salt and vineger not sure
if you can still get them.My biggest sin crisp wise at the moment are Frazzles or tubes of pringles(not together).

Looking in supermarkets these days there does not seem to be as much variety as there used to be all there seems to be are big multipacks like monster munch and skips and thing like Kettle chips.

My other half will not buy Pringles because of the price she says!! (I think its because I tend to want "just a few more" each time we have a pack open :-[

My other half will not buy Pringles because of the price she says!! (I think its because I tend to want "just a few more" each time we have a pack open :-[

I know what you mean Dick they are very addictive as for the price i will only get them when they are on offer like 1 pound a tube sometimes in Asda or Morrisons
but never in my local Waitrose where they always seem to be expensive my fave pringles at the moment are smokey bacon or gammon ham which i found in the 99p
store in Tonbridge.They were imported cos the flavor on the tube said Jamon which i think is french? but the original pringles are proberly the best.

Yeah, I know that y'all have never heard of them, buttt....

State Line Potato Chips made near Springfield Mass
in the 50's.

Yeah, I know that y'all have never heard of them, buttt....

State Line Potato Chips made near Springfield Mass
in the 50's.

During holidays to the USA in the late nineties and early 2000s i used to like Lays potato chips which came in super size bags and chips called Ruffles?.I remember buying some Lays in a store in New York in early 2001 and some Ruffles in a store just off Post street in San francisco on a cold day in 1998.Wonderful times....

Frisps
Roysters
Griddles
Seabrooks

Yeah, KP Griddles, that's right mate. They weren't around all that long as I recall, a brief spell in big boxes at Supermarkets and off they went.
Seabrooks are lovely Crisps, lots of lovely flavours.....Spring Onion, Worcester Sauce, Cream Cheese and Chive, Tomato Sauce etc.
I love Crisps, my only real vice in the world (if you discount drinking, smoking, gambling and dirty women!) but since losing my sight and having hypertensive Blood Pressure I've had to give them up (cut down!).
Seabrooks are ore of a Northern brand really. A few years ago ASDA used to do a multipack line in 'Great British flavours',,,,they were smashing, they had Sausage and Brown Sauce, Worcester Sauce, Cheese and Pickle and another, they were superb.

Dirty woman?? I think thats a thread for a differant site ;)

I like to have my say about potato crisps. HA!!!!!!

Sometimes you can buy packets that say 50% more etc. How stupid do they think we are? It is only 50% more air in the packet that you are getting.....

Do you agree or not????????????????

Sometimes you can buy packets that say 50% more etc. How stupid do they think we are? It is only 50% more air in the packet that you are getting.....

You are quite right Compo.The best value for amounts in packets are seabrooks i tend to find also my mother bought a six pack of McCoys crisps in Morrisons in Tunbridge wells on friday to find it only had FIVE!!!!!!!!!!packs in it what a con is that why they were only a pound.

You are quite right Compo.The best value for amounts in packets are seabrooks i tend to find also my mother bought a six pack of McCoys crisps in Morrisons in Tunbridge wells on friday to find it only had FIVE!!!!!!!!!!packs in it what a con is that why they were only a pound.
sometimes Amos we have had 7 and 8 in a six pack so Isuppose the are the cause of the only 5s ::)

For cheese and onion flavour,i dont believe any can beat Tayto
I have a thing at the moment for salt and vingar crinkle cuts.
As to ready salted,i would probably vote for Walkers.
Im also partial to cheese puffs and Quavers and i think it was Chuffer who mentioned potato sticks even though they did indeed shred the mouth to bits but very enjoyable ;D

Hector

Back