Extras

P

pollysue

I thought it might be nice to share any info on any famous people who have been extras. For instance, in 'Bicycle Bonanza' the lady who passes Nora in the cafe door and is wearing the same hat as her, is the real life daughter of Stan Laurel. If you listen to the music you can hear Stan and Ollie's tune.

Alan Bell once set a quiz for the LOTSW Appreciation Society. One of the questions was 'In Which Episode did Gordon Wharmby first appear'. Most people thought straight away of All Gas and Garters, but he first apeared in 'Forked Lightening' as an extra. You need to look really carefully, he is sitting on the bus when Clegg tries to get his bicycle on as a passenger.

Alan Bell once set a quiz for the LOTSW Appreciation Society. One of the questions was 'In Which Episode did Gordon Wharmby first appear'. Most people thought straight away of All Gas and Garters, but he first apeared in 'Forked Lightening' as an extra. You need to look really carefully, he is sitting on the bus when Clegg tries to get his bicycle on as a passenger.
I remember the scene and yes if you pause it you can see him with a big grin on his face.
In another episode Foggy asks the librarian for books on strangulation.The lady was Mrs Brian Wilde

I remember the scene and yes if you pause it you can see him with a big grin on his face.
In another episode Foggy asks the librarian for books on strangulation.The lady was Mrs Brian Wilde

Thought I would also add that you often see some of the crew used in background shots,sometimes with a few words spoken,in the recent episode "Who's looking sideways at Nelly" the barmaid who spoke to the trio in the beer garden is one of the crew and my car got star role in the car park

Thought I would also add that you often see some of the crew used in background shots,sometimes with a few words spoken,in the recent episode "Who's looking sideways at Nelly" the barmaid who spoke to the trio in the beer garden is one of the crew and my car got star role in the car park
never...did you get it back?
Bring back hanging or at least take their mobiles away that would be a real punishment for them.(Sorry I don't mean to sound flippant.

Let's give a big shout out to the townspeople of Holmfirth who have appeared including the Silver Band, in many different episodes.

I read this and thought 'I used to be Polly Sue' then read the note and realised it was me. Have I been around that long, golly.

Back