Expensive, well not so much

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
So the new Apple Mac Pro was finally released this week and a couple of comparisons on pricing have been made by one of the tech websites.
We all know that Apple computers are expensive but how about this
If you tick all the boxes when selecting your machine your new Mac Pro will set you back up to £47,588.00
BUT, and this is the biggy
If you trot along to Dell and perform the same, ticking all the boxes, you will be landed with a bill of £135,000.00
Admittedly both of these machines would be for the professional workstation market, but for a direct comparison:
Apple charges £22,000.00 for 1.5Tb RAM whereas Dell charge £36,318.00 for exactly the same 1.5Tb
Apple don't seem quite so expensive any more.

So the new Apple Mac Pro was finally released this week and a couple of comparisons on pricing have been made by one of the tech websites.
If you tick all the boxes when selecting your machine your new Mac Pro will set you back up to £47,588.00
If you trot along to Dell and perform the same, ticking all the boxes, you will be landed with a bill of £135,000.00
Admittedly both of these machines would be for the professional workstation market, but for a direct comparison:
Apple charges £22,000.00 for 1.5Tb RAM whereas Dell charge £36,318.00 for exactly the same 1.5Tb

And if you go Amstrad it's only £2.99p

Scene 1

Granville excitedly to Nurse Gladys " We're getting a new PC , We're Getting an New PC!"

" Well good luck with that one Granville !" the reply comes back

The Ace salesman of the Apple Corporation enters the shop , Mac Pro in hand .

" How Muuuuuch!!"

The salesman leaves followed by Granville who turns to Nurse Gladys " We're still getting a new PC just a slightly cheaper one"

Enter Lord Sugar.................................................... dusty Armstrad CPC in hand :08:

I always struggle to understand why storage is reasonably priced for a considerable volume but adding extra RAM to any desktop costs a lot of money and that is also reflected in the price of laptops when buying 4 or 8 meg of RAM .

Any excuse to look again at this , watching Sky Business News today they say today marks the end of support for the Blackberry operating system so the phones which were the Executive status symbol will no longer be supported . It reminded me of Ronnie Corbett and Harry Enfield's sketch from a few years back which I think is up there with four candles . I am sure you have seen it but its so so funny its worth viewing anytime . Harry Enfield is struggling not to corpse.

I have a Macbook Pro for personal use and a similarly priced HP laptop for work, I'm no IT expert but I find every PC I've ever owned becomes very slow and unresponsive after 4 or 5 years as well as the battery becoming unusable. Yet all my Apple computers don't have this issue, so for me it's also about the build quality, it's like comparing a same spec BMW with a Citroen (no offence intended to anyone who owns either of these cars!)

Back