England win

England won 2-0 against Germany by all accounts. I don't think much of football, but you can't get shut of it during Euro 2020, much to my annoyance!

England won 2-0 against Germany by all accounts. I don't think much of football, but you can't get shut of it during Euro 2020, much to my annoyance!
It either that or tennis, oh what joy, they don't seem to care that some folk might like to watch something else, though they do stick in the odd repeat, so glad I have been nearly 6 years free of TV

I had a very angry 97 year old "dutch" on the phone last night wondering why the Repair Shop [repeat] wasn't on and why she had to endure two blokes pointlessly hitting a rather plump and round green frog look alike over a recycled fishing net . The BBC lost all major sport sadly it didn't include Wimbledon so they go completely overboard for a fortnight on both channels with relief of sorts only coming at 7 when BBC4 boots up. As you can tell I loathe Tennis myself but just read in headlines that Murray's match went on until sometime around 10pm so imagine the coverage also did.

Captain......as a fellow footy lover you will understand my anger...
Although I have always been a "club before country" fan I have watched England all over Europe from the mid 1980's to the mid 1990's.
This was during the bad old days of serious football viloence,when to be English abroad meant you would not only be a target for the locals,but also the police..sad but true.
I went to all the Euro Championships,Italia 90 world cup,and all the qualifiers.....[my highlight was the 5-1 against Germany].....I have had 35 years of lows and lowers watching my national team.....so...when the thought of Germany...at Wembley came along,I had my ticket sorted......transport sorted from Liverpool...and my bed for the night sorted.......W R O N G !!!!!!!!!...
I was refused 2 day's holiday,because we are busy with ships....so I spent the entire game...on the quay....supervising the discharge of a ship.....soaking wet.....with the rain dripping from my hard hat...onto my beak...then onto the quay !!!....
Considering the score,I may ask can I work on Satuday evening at 8pm when we play Ukraine...I may be a lucky [drenched] mascot !!!

We were sat in my daughters garden because it was my granddaughters birthday, next door had their windows open and all of a sudden a huge cheer went up and we all Google to see England had scored then a bit later the same thing happened and we all but bets on how many Germany would score in the last 4 minutes.

It either that or tennis, oh what joy, they don't seem to care that some folk might like to watch something else, though they do stick in the odd repeat, so glad I have been nearly 6 years free of TV

True. They don't really care for people who don't want to see the sport, but the final match of the Euros is on July 11th, if that brings any comfort to the situation.

Another match tomorrow. I must make sure that my football aids are ready. Ear plugs for when England score:D:D:D. Sedatives in case they don't score:fp:. Blindfold to stop me having to watch 50 million people jump up and down if they do win:cool: :37::37::37:and 35 boxes of tissues in case they don't win:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:. I do hope that England beat Checko ..........Chekko .........Chezco .............Oh heck, why can't they be playing France, I can spell that. I don't like football but whoever wins it will put huge smiles on their supporters faces:p:p:01::) which will be a good thing after the covid misery of the last 18 months.:20:... If your team doesn't win be aware that you were still alive to watch them and smile, there is always a next time.:42::42::42:

Marina - Bird

pic1.jpg

You - Crane

pic 2.jpg

Gareth isn't ready for the challenge offered by the Young lady so is preparing , like your good self, for the contest with the second creature.

Back