Double Appearances...

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
It was interesting to read in Alan Bells book that he didn't like using the same actors to play different characters, but I can think of quite a few...

I'll start by using the example in his book, June Whitfield, Dephi Potts in Potts In Pole Position & of course Nelly in many other episodes.

Can you recall any double appearances, listing the characters and episodes?

Barbara Young played Florrie in 'Get out of that then' and Stella throughout series 30 and 31.

Jeanne Mockford played Rose in The Great Boarding House Caper and Florrie in All of a Florrie.
Francis Cox who played Jessie in Happy Anniversary Gough and Jessie and also played the part of Annie in Flower Power Cut.

Last edited:
Maggie Ollernshaw played 'someone' in one of the Flag and Snag episodes; then played 'someone else' (married to Kenneth Cope) in The Love Mobile. (This pair returned about 10 years later in another episode, the name escapes me.)

Was that vague enough for you all???!!!

Maggie Ollernshaw played 'someone' in one of the Flag and Snag episodes; then played 'someone else' (married to Kenneth Cope) in The Love Mobile. (This pair returned about 10 years later in another episode, the name escapes me.)

Was that vague enough for you all???!!!
All That Glitters Is Not Elvis.

Another vague one..Tom Owen as an extra in Situations Vacant before returning many years later.

Tommy Cannon has played 3 parts Cliff in Get out of that, Canal boatman in the Swan Man of Ilkley and a man in a boat in look who's talking to Lenny perm any two from three

Francis Cox played Annie the widow in Day of the Welsh Ferret and a passenger on the bus in The Suit that Turned Left. Edit... Just remembered she played Jessie in Happy Annaversary Goff and Jessie.

Last edited:
Wow, I knew the members of this forum wouldn't disappoint! There's loads more than I thought there were!

The lady that played cousin Olive in Getting Same Home also played the receptionist at the TV company in The Last Surviving Maurice Chavalier Impressionist. Her name escapes me, I'll look it up.

Christine Cox

Last edited:
Also Johnny Leeze plays 4 different characters, the electric man in Why Does Norman Clegg Buy Ladies Elastic Stockings.
Colin in Getting Same Home, a library security guard ( the title escapes me and the moment and Fufi's boyfriend.

Tony Peers played Wendell in 'Things To Do When Your Wife Runs Off With A Turkish Waiter' and played the man that the ladies thought was C W Northrop in 'The Mysterious CW Northrop'

Danny James was Doggy Barnes in Beware The Vanilla slice. He was also in 'Getting Sam Home' and appeared in an early episode in a field with a dog that took a dislike to Compo. The second two appearances were only bit parts. I can't remember the name of the episode with the dog.

Well you have Alan Bell as Director plus a background artist in Last Post and Pigeon, plus many of the crew in later episodes as background artist

Back