DONT TAKE STUFF TO THE CHARITY SHOP ,YOU WOULDNT BE PREPARED TO BUY .!!

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Apparently the charity shops are being inundated with stuff cleared out in Lockdown. They are overloaded with stuff that is unsaleable. A used childs potty for instance and Workboots covered in concrete !To name but a couple of items.! It is costing them as much as the stuff is worth to get it taken away and dumped !! While in normal times it could be useful these days its causing huge problems ¬! They are also worried by the amount dumped outside the shop doors because of vermin!

Apparently the charity shops are being inundated with stuff cleared out in Lockdown. They are overloaded with stuff that is unsaleable. A used childs potty for instance and Workboots covered in concrete !To name but a couple of items.! It is costing them as much as the stuff is worth to get it taken away and dumped !! While in normal times it could be useful these days its causing huge problems ¬! They are also worried by the amount dumped outside the shop doors because of vermin!

My wife tried taking me to the charity shop but they chastised her for trying to palm them off with defective goods.

My wife and I work in a charity shop sometimes, and sometimes absolute tat is given as people can't be bothered taking it to the skip. Once someone sent a taxi full of rubbish donations and expected the shop to pay the fare when it was delivered!

Whilst out walking the dog on Monday the day of re-opening around 18:30, I bumped into a nieghbour who was struggling to walk home. Have you had a bad day I said to her. Yes she replied its been hectic. I've taken just over a £1000 today and were only a charity shop. We only usually take a couple of hundred quid on a very good day. So it would seem that the old saying of "where's there's muck there's brass" and considering their stock items are for only a couple of pounds each they had shifted some stock. She didn't mention anything about rubbish but I can imagine it would have eaten into those takings if she had to pay to get rid of any rubbish.

Upon watching Antiques Roadshow, I have noticed that occasionally that someone has bought something for a pittance at a charity shop and found that it is worth much, much more.

Upon watching Antiques Roadshow, I have noticed that occasionally that someone has bought something for a pittance at a charity shop and found that it is worth much, much more.
The antiques dealers are wise to that now, when I work in the shop you can spot the many antiques dealers who come in looking for mis-priced items to sell on at a big profit!

The antiques dealers are wise to that now, when I work in the shop you can spot the many antiques dealers who come in looking for mis-priced items to sell on at a big profit!

Have you seen the wonderful Steptoe and Son Episode Oh what a beautiful Mourning [I think everyone should watch it because it epitomises what happens in many many families in funerals and it shows how they often descend to the lowest levels over the contents of the deceased's possessions and Will content] . Its is a wonderful portrayal , all the attendees are after the one valuable piece in George's possessions but they go to such length's to play it down . IF you haven't seen it I would urge you to watch it if you can , the twist at the end is just comic timing at its supreme best.

I've probably seen it but not for years CC, but I'll definitely take a look thank you for the recommendation

Have you seen the wonderful Steptoe and Son Episode Oh what a beautiful Mourning [I think everyone should watch it because it epitomises what happens in many many families in funerals and it shows how they often descend to the lowest levels over the contents of the deceased's possessions and Will content] . Its is a wonderful portrayal , all the attendees are after the one valuable piece in George's possessions but they go to such length's to play it down . IF you haven't seen it I would urge you to watch it if you can , the twist at the end is just comic timing at its supreme best.

That reminds me that I have the S&S boxset and must rewatch them sometime.

Theres a charity shop near me and people just dump stuff outside because the shops been closed since before xmas some of it has been there for months, theres a huge sign in the window asking people not to leave things outside but they take no notice.

Back