Deep In The Heart Of Yorkshire

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
Almost forgot how entertaining this episode was, especially when Foggy made a funny comment about Sid's bedding roll being better than his sausage rolls! It did make me wonder that if Sid and Wally were donning cowboy costumes for a church charity function, why sneak around behind Ivy's and Nora's backs and cause them worry as to their whereabouts? It was for charitable purposes, not anything elicit. Still, I guess that tension is what makes this such a hilarious episode. Watching the trio cover up Sid's whereabouts by dodging Ivy's line of questioning was quite funny!

What about Compo's secret after he died about the woman he visited on Thursdays??? That was a well kept secret. Even his son was a secret. Those were the best two secrets..

Those "secrets" weren't even known to Compo. From what I've heard the Thursday visits and his son were all created after they found out Bill was dying. Clarke wrote those scenes in and they were filmed with a Compo double and an imitator doing Compo's voice saying "My Thursdays" or some such comment. THey were done post-production to explain Compo's death. I don't know if Bill died before these shows made it to the air or not, but he was definitly too sick to carry on and these scenes were "doctored" to explain his death storyline and sudden appearance of an unknown son.

Back