Daisy Lane

Liana Lloyd

Hi all,

I know someone pointed out a few months back that Clegg lived on Daisy Lane as well
As Howard and Pearl I have been to their respective houses above the white horse in Jackson Bridge but wondering if Daisy Lane in Holmfirth as when I next go up want to go to Bill and Peters grave again but also try and find these streets where
Daisy Lane Books are x thankyou if someone can point me in the right direction I have the Summerwine map
Courtesy of Maltrab but it’s very vast and I can’t pinpoint it x

If I follow what you are asking. Cleggs first house is marker 301 on the map in Holmfirth, between the roads of Daisy Lane and Bunkers Hill. Looks like the next building besides Daisy Lane Books store (marker 253). A little further NE up Bunkers Hill / Black Lane is Clegg's house from First of the Summer Wine as well (marker 271). Just past Holmside Memorial Gardens distance-wise.

Can provide a screen capture if you like.

Hope this helps. My photo shop edit skills too slow to make this part of my earlier post.

Attachments

• Cleggs Houses-LL.jpg
    Cleggs Houses-LL.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 14
Just for clarity, I think there is confusion over Clegg's first and second homes - they are similar - but different properties.

Series 1 episode “Hail Smiling Morn or Thereabouts”.
S01E06(c).png

Series 5 episode “Full Steam Behind”. This is 1 St Anne's Square, just off Daisy Lane. This is where the pin is for Clegg's first home on the SW Map, it is possible Terry was trying to mark the properties that back on to this one, but they're quite blurry on Google maps.
S05E01(b).png

You can pass it without noticing as the view in the show is the rear of the second level.
This is the lower level as seen in the December 1988 special “CRUMS”.
S10E07(d).png

I understand the houses sit just behind the Cornerhouse Cafe
I believe they might be the ones facing the Shelduck Cottage terrace. A few years ago, the Cornerhouse Cafe property, including the associated residence(s), was on the market, so there were lots of photos of the residence and the garden, as well as of the cafe. I was never certain how many rows of houses were behind the cafe - one or two. If there are two, back to back, then the approach the we see Cyril use in "Hail Smiling Morn or Thereabouts" is not at all clear on the map.

Last edited:
If I follow what you are asking. Cleggs first house is marker 301 on the map in Holmfirth, between the roads of Daisy Lane and Bunkers Hill. Looks like the next building besides Daisy Lane Books store (marker 253). A little further NE up Bunkers Hill / Black Lane is Clegg's house from First of the Summer Wine as well (marker 271). Just past Holmside Memorial Gardens distance-wise.

Can provide a screen capture if you like.
Yes please that would be fab as we are going to go again soon and see if we can find these other places

Hopefully we have given you a better idea of where they are on Terry's map so you can zoom in and scroll about to track down where these places are.

I envy / admire you having the ability to travel to them and explore in person. Please keep posting pictures. I plan to eventually cross this big body of water and get there in person one day. :)

Back