COVID Vaccine.

I'm dragging him in doors to the surgery tomorrow for his first vaccine. Wish me luck because he's usually a big girl when it comes to needles.

Get mine tomorrow might , fine with needles except when I was a teenager about 17 and needed a tetanus shot. The nurse at the Hospital was really pretty and offered me a chance to have the jab in my bottom or my leg . I was so embarrassed I opted for the less embarrassing leg [in the thigh actually] , big mistake , you should always opt for the bottom because the muscles in your leg tighten and it goes numb . I limped around for a couple of days, basically for the first few hours I could only walk around in circles . :)

Get mine tomorrow might , fine with needles except when I was a teenager about 17 and needed a tetanus shot. The nurse at the Hospital was really pretty and offered me a chance to have the jab in my bottom or my leg . I was so embarrassed I opted for the less embarrassing leg [in the thigh actually] , big mistake , you should always opt for the bottom because the muscles in your leg tighten and it goes numb . I limped around for a couple of days, basically for the first few hours I could only walk around in circles . :)

I'm quite slim and was really thin as a kid. When having a hayfever injection in my early teens the doctor joked that if he pushed the needle in too far it'd come out the other side of my arm!

Nearly 15 million vaccinated in this country, just shows what can be done when we want it done, kudos to everyone working hard to get this done.
I was disheartened to see a post on Facebook when someone asked " if you were offered the vaccine tomorrow would you have it? " The amount of people saying no made me dispare.

Interestingly I was looking at the Covid polls on YouGov last night and we have one of the highest vaccine acceptance rates in the world of 80% many countries are much lower. On that same poll we have the second lowest belief that the UK is handling the pandemic well at 37% only France are lower. :08:

The way I look at it the more Covidiot vaccine deniers there are the quicker I get mine!

Received the second dose of the Moderna vaccine this morning. Now, four hours later, the muscle it was injected in feels a bit stiff, as from a better than usual workout, and as though it needs a good stretch. So far, the reaction is as big a nothing as from the first dose.

Because of the weather forecast for a winter storm warning today with ice glaze as well as the usual snow, I persuaded the pharmacy to transfer my appointment from their store 15 miles from home to the one 1.5 miles away. The ice had arrived by the time I got out of the car in the pharmacy's parking lot, so I felt justified in having pushed for the change of location.

Had mine today such a slick operation from the point you drive in until you leave .In a time where criticism is constantly levelled at the decision makers, credit has to be given for those who organised the vaccination process . It's only my own perspective on things but for me they couldn't have done it any better at the Centre I attended .:)

Second dose — 48 hours later:

As expected, yesterday was a total loss. My temperature is usually near the bottom of the normal range. Yesterday morning it was a couple of degrees higher than that and there was a potentially severe headache developing, so I took a dose of acetaminophen (paracetamol) for the temp and caffeine for the head. All of the muscles and joints that have ached at a background level for years were severely painful. As soon as the analgesic took effect, I slept most of the day, despite the caffeine. Not even LOTSW DVDs could keep me awake! By late afternoon the temp was a degree lower and my energy was returning. I took a dose of plain paracetamol, and this morning the temp and pain level were back down and the energy was back up to what passes for normal for me.

As soon as my brain began to work again, I retrieved this article, https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-02-2nd-dose-covid-vaccine-worse.html, which made me feel as though I wasn't alone in having the worst vaccine reaction of my life. It might be helpful to others.

I'll take it easy today and tomorrow, as well, to give my immune system the best possible opportunity to build the highest possible number of antibodies, increasing the duration of the immune response, as well as the immune system's ability to fight the current mutations and the ones that will develop in the future.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!

Back