Coopers Rules - Holme Royd

theatrically_inclined

Dedicated Member
Cooper and Walsh let a drunk out of their car, saying he's five miles from his car...
They are at what looks like a rural T junction, there is a stone wall and wooden 5-bar gate in the background and a real road name sign for "Holme Royd".
Google cannot find this at all. As some parts of the episode were filmed in Hepworth, at / near The Butchers Arms, I've searched street view in that area, but it could be anywhere. Any ideas where Holme Royd is, or was? thanks in anticipation!

There's lots of 'Royds' up there especialy in the New mill area. Could be made up, as a lot were, such as Berry croft & Donaldson St. My guess is it's another name to make you smile. Compos uncle suffered for years with them!

There's lots of 'Royds' up there especialy in the New mill area. Could be made up, as a lot were, such as Berry croft & Donaldson St. My guess is it's another name to make you smile. Compos uncle suffered for years with them!
If I remember correctly I thought it was Polaroids Compo's uncle suffered from. o_O

Cooper and Walsh let a drunk out of their car, saying he's five miles from his car...
They are at what looks like a rural T junction, there is a stone wall and wooden 5-bar gate in the background and a real road name sign for "Holme Royd".
Google cannot find this at all. As some parts of the episode were filmed in Hepworth, at / near The Butchers Arms, I've searched street view in that area, but it could be anywhere. Any ideas where Holme Royd is, or was? thanks in anticipation!

Yes it was filmed in various locations, the section you are looking for is #212 on the map, the gate into the field you see in the clip is the same on Compo went through in Wheelies,and yes it was a fake street name https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1pHFiIBJv0-fU2FvALG7gDKcgoWbbEkLJ&ll=53.563232472570206,-1.8317498210876049&z=20

Thanks Terry... I can see why reasons why some of the street names are changed, but bothering to do it on a random road in the middle of nowhere seems a bit of unnecessary effort.

Back