COOPER & WALSH New Series

FuzzBox

COOPER & WALSH New Series

Is there any truth in the rumour that there be a spin off involving ken and Louis Emerick as the Summer Wine policemen.
I think this would make a tremendous series.

Having just received the above question, I thought it worth starting a topic about it.
There was a spin off series pilot shown last where the BBC head as not acted upon it. Ken and Louis (the pc actors) are keen to go ahead with the spin off and I think the loyal LOSW fans would welcome the spin off now that LOSW is on its wind down. With this said it would maybe a good idea to send the BBC words of support for the spin off series as it may encourage the head of BBC to put the show into prduction. Maybe even a petition??

Thanks
FBM

Re: COOPER & WALSH New Series

I am totally in favour of this.The episode in question 'A Short Introduction To Cooper's Rules' was excellent and Ken and Louis are certainly good together.I will be contacting the bbc as soon as possible.
We got the BBC to recommission lotsw lets do the same for Cooper and Walsh

We could do with a name and or email address of who at the BBC to petition

I would love the series to get the go ahead,and after seeing a couple of episodes from the new series of LOTSW I also think it has loads more to offer, but yes I will be writing to the bbc with my support for Both programmes..

I will get the details for the contacts at the BBC and post them asap

Thanks
FBM

We need to be cautious here, as it's unlikely both shows would be commissioned at the same time. A green light for a spin-off could have implications for Summer Wine.

The Only Fools and Horses prequel has put the kybosh on The Green Green Grass.

Gavin, that is interesting: we either have Summer Wine or a spin off but not both.....

I guess a spin off only happens when the original programme has truly finished. From the comments of those fortunate to have seen the showings of the 2010 episodes at Teddington - it looks as if the show is in fine shape and could well continue.

What do others think?

Hi all,

I think due to the ageing cast, it is unlikely that it will run for much longer. This years newly filmed 6 episodes as opposed to the usual 11/12 is a sign of the wind down. The new BBC head was reluctant to film this until viewer ratings came in at about 3 million when this years shows were aired.

This said the spin off would still include favorite characters but with younger actors (Cooper & Walsh) taking the lead to ease the pressure from other characters. So the spin off would probably keep our favourite characters on screen rather than losing it all completely.

FBM

Back