Comebacks

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Many different things have gone over the years such as shops or tv programmes what would you like to have a comeback.

One of mine would be Woolworths such a great shop and i could always get everthing i wanted in there also the cartoon Dangermouse one of the finest ever made surely due for a comback.What would like to see come back.Your comments please :)

I am with you over Woolworth. I still miss that shop. And also 'The Pier'. No wonder I shop on-line.

TV wise I would like to see Born & Bred come back, It would be nice to find a real record shop,they was a great one in Hatfield called Rag records,you could browse for hours and discover something new,sadly if such a shop was here today the choice of music seems limited, the guy that owned Rag records would get to know his customers and if he spotted you he would offer you something that you may enjoy,if you did not it was not a problem.

I am off in the car heading south today for a few hours,if I don't get blown away en route

I read the first line of your post and thought, I'm going to say Woolworth's then low and behold you've writen it too ;D

I loved Woolies you buy anthing in there and the kids cloths were great, we always bought the kids winter coats in there. And what can you say about the Pickin Mix??

C&A was good too.

I would love them to bring back Where The Heart Is, such a lovely sunday evening drama. Miss it dearly.

And My Hero. Great with Ardal 'O Hanlon, Hugh Dennis and that cow of a receptionist.

I would love them to bring back Where The Heart Is, such a lovely sunday evening drama. Miss it dearly.

And My Hero. Great with Ardal 'O Hanlon, Hugh Dennis and that cow of a receptionist.

Could never get into my hero although a lot of people liked it. :)

Back