Clocks

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
To all members concerned with the time adjustment. Did you remember to put your clocks back? I adjusted my clock last night but it didn't make any difference, I still look as ugly. :confused2:

I had no issues whatsoever , all my clocks were recently overhauled by a local handyman one T. Simmonite ........................... and not one of them is now working :confused2:

I can never remember which clocks adjust themselves, Alexa is a great help. Seems only my fitbit and cooker where wrong this morning.

With so many time zones Rick it has the potential to be a nightmare if you say fly between New York and LA on a night flight or the other way and I am sure people do. It's a mathematical puzzle or indeed an exam question if you leave New York at 01.45 [ assume like here clocks change at 02.00 am] on the day the clocks go back and fly West to LA what time do you arrive :eek:

With so many time zones Rick it has the potential to be a nightmare if you say fly between New York and LA on a night flight or the other way and I am sure people do. It's a mathematical puzzle or indeed an exam question if you leave New York at 01.45 [ assume like here clocks change at 02.00 am] on the day the clocks go back and fly West to LA what time do you arrive :eek:
About 30 minutes before you set off?:frown2:

IF anyone feels like being driven mad , there was an article on BBC Breakfast about the Cuckoo Clock museum . The two owners are getting on in years and are looking for genuine people who would be interested in taking over on condition they retain all exhibits and keep the museum going . Even watching the article I switched between laughing uncontrollably and sheer annoyance with the noise . It would drive you absolutely mad and you'd soon be adopting Harold Steptoe's tactics of nailing up the door on the clocks and eventually borrowing Wesley's big hammer to destroy them. :)

NB Obvious Choice to take over Steve from the Repair Shop or Tom and Smiler

Last edited:
It’s not far from us. My Dad is a horologist and as a child I was often dragged around antique fairs and sat behind a stall in a Town Hall or Scout hut somewhere as he bought/ sold various clocks.
I’ve got a few interesting old timepieces but the two cuckoo clocks I have I now have stored away and not making a racket every 30 minutes.

My brother in law is clock daft and they all chime, so at midnight or noon, as they are all out by a couple of minutes, you have to stop talking for 5 minutes till they all get to stop chiming

The sound of ticking clocks makes me want to stick hot pokes in my ears and swish my brain about, seriously if you ever want to torture me just put me in a room with a ticking clock.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

I want to tell you a story
About a little man
If I can
A gnome named Howard Sibshaw
And little gnomes stay in their home
Eating,Sleeping,Drinking their wine

But then one Day
Hooray
A blond lady gnome
asked him out to play

She wore a scarlet tunic,
A blue green hood,
It looked quite good.

They had a big adventure
Amidst the grass
Fresh air at last.

And then one day - hooray!
Another way for gnomes to say
Howwwward , Maaaaarina !

Lyrics courtesy of Pink Floyd who by coincidence had a song called Clocks! :)

The sound of ticking clocks makes me want to stick hot pokes in my ears and swish my brain about, seriously if you ever want to torture me just put me in a room with a ticking clock.
I’m the opposite I find ticking clocks most relaxing. Now the incessant beep alerts of mobile phones when you’re out is another matter :mad:

Back