Cleggy and Heights

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In many episodes Cleggy never liked heights, and the thought of being more than a few inches off the ground sent him into panic mode,yet in Getting Sam Home he was up and down a ladder a couple of times without a mention of his dislike of heights

Under pressure he might have forgotten but I think he went under protest he did go on top of Wesley,s Land Rover to wash the café windows I think.

Yet another indication of the transformation of Clegg from a man of action to a man of inaction. Perhaps his character had to change when Foggy came on board as Foggy could be the only one to dream up their escapades. Oh for more episodes like Flower Power Cut.

Yes the earlier Clegg was much more adventuresome. he was also much less shy. Preferred myself.
I like the earlier Clegg more than the way he was later. There were times he was almost irritating in his timidness!
Of course I liked Foggy the least of the cast and never thought bout Clegg needing to change when he joined up.

And of course when you mention Peter Sallis and driving, you can't forget the time he drove into the pond. He was never really successful around water.

Agree Marina scares the life out of me and Clegg being so mild and having been mugged by Marina in a lift I don't blame him at all ,bet he did not sell much lino!
I am sure I could cope with Marina in a lift - there is one I use whch still gets stuck occasionally or the concertina doors area struggle to slide back!

Back