Christmas isn`t Christmas anymore

Rob1969in

Dedicated Member
This Christmas I have been watching all the Summer Wine Christmas specials, as quite frankly there has been nothing else on, I tried watching The Royle Family Christmas Special, and I couldn`t be bothered with it, the jokes were so obvious and just smutty for the sake of it, cheap laughs, well they would be cheap laughs if I had laughed..

It`s a crying shame that there is nothing like Summer Wine anymore, pure and inoffensive comedy, which is genuinely funny, the Christmas specials were just that, they were special, and they made you (and still make me) Christmassy, There is nothing quite like it and I doubt there ever will be again, Roy Clarke should be knighted as should Peter Sallis, as should Alan Bell, they have been so good to and for me this Christmas, when it hasn`t been the happiest of times for me ,with some personal stuff going on, but thanks to my DVD`S of Summer Wine, I have been able to smile and enjoy Christmas that little bit more because of them, so thank you Summer Wine. :)

I love the Summer Wine Christmas shows too. :D

Roy Clarke and Peter Sallis already have the OBE.

You are lucky Robin.

I was allowed to watch two Christmas-episodes by my wife. No More...
I don't watch it with her in house, she learns to much form Pearl.
I have to change my login to DutchHoward with my LOSW-DVD's and television as DutchMarina.....

I'd still say that 'Whoops' ranks up there amongst my favourite Xmas specials, but there were some absolute crackers along the way.
Watching the old Xmas specials was the best entertainment for me also this time.

My favourite christmas episodes are A leg up for christmas and the man who nearly knew pavaroti (not sure that I have selt that correctly). And I have to admit it my replacement Truly of the yard was the star of there goes the groom.

My fave is STILL The Funny Side of Christmas.

But it is always ignored because it was not an
oaf-ficial episode, just a one-off short.

I'd still say that 'Whoops' ranks up there amongst my favourite Xmas specials.

Same here, i only saw it for the first time, last year when i bought the DVD.
I think i watched "What's santa brought nora", "Crums" and "Barry's christmas" that often on VHS tape, that i've got a bit bored with them lately.

"A leg up for christmas" isn't too bad, although i've seen that one quite a bit as well, so at the moment, "Whoops" is my favorite xmas special.
I aso feel there is more pathos in "Whoops", looking for the old school mates and then Sid and Wally turning up at the pub with them, i found quite touching.

"All mod conned" is another favorite xmas special for me, when compo falls through the caravan roof, while he's dancing around the chimney, just carcks me up every time i see it, the scene where compo says he's crippled for life and then scuttles about, to make sure his legs are working, is a classic.

G ; ) :thumbs up:

Back