CHRISTMAS EVES?

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
I recently watched a Christmas episode again, 'What's Santa brought for Nora then?' It is my favourite Christmas episode. Something about it has been niggling me. How many Christmas Eves's are there in the show? It opens with Pearl telling Clegg that there is only one shopping day left to Christmas thus making that day Christmas Eve. This is confirmed, when it has gone dark, by the man dressed as Santa, selling toys from a suitcase when he said to Compo, 'Don't arrest me officer, it is Christmas Eve'. Night becomes day 'Christmas Day?' and once more darkness descends on the community. The party in the cafe is getting into full swing when Compo gives the present, intended for Marina from Howard, to Nora. She is all smiles and says 'For me'? Compo replies, 'Of course it's for thee, that dun't think I'd forget thee on Christmas Eve'!
I was lead to believe that the day before was Christmas Eve. Has anyone else spotted this?

Also in the same episode, where is Howard supposed to be when he is trying to pass to Marina her Christmas present? What happened to the Gothic windows? :rolleyes:

One Shopping day left could be the last day the shops are open and Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday when shops were closed, I supposed Howard is meant to be at the rear of his house, but that is not the rear of those houses, there are many things in the show we are not supposed to notice, sometimes it takes many viewings to spot something that does not add up

It's like...... "just how old is Smiler ???"....is he a vampire....one of the undead ?......BECAUSE.....When asked by Compo "how long was tha' married" [in A Landlady for Smiler] he says "33 years"...BUT..when he says to Clegg "I should have never left the woman I loved" Clegg says "but you didn't leave your mother until you were nearly 50 !!!"........
I will tell you what.......forget all your fancy wrinkle defying cremes.......being miserable is the way to look young,'cos Smiler must be at least 100 !!!

I recently watched a Christmas episode again, 'What's Santa brought for Nora then?' It is my favourite Christmas episode. Something about it has been niggling me. How many Christmas Eves's are there in the show? It opens with Pearl telling Clegg that there is only one shopping day left to Christmas thus making that day Christmas Eve. This is confirmed, when it has gone dark, by the man dressed as Santa, selling toys from a suitcase when he said to Compo, 'Don't arrest me officer, it is Christmas Eve'. Night becomes day 'Christmas Day?' and once more darkness descends on the community. The party in the cafe is getting into full swing when Compo gives the present, intended for Marina from Howard, to Nora. She is all smiles and says 'For me'? Compo replies, 'Of course it's for thee, that dun't think I'd forget thee on Christmas Eve'!
I was lead to believe that the day before was Christmas Eve. Has anyone else spotted this?

Also in the same episode, where is Howard supposed to be when he is trying to pass to Marina her Christmas present? What happened to the Gothic windows? :rolleyes:
Yes, I noticed that - bit shoddy really.

It's Christmas Eve, then the next day is Christmas Eve.

I think we discussed this a few years back, and I think our detective work even came to the conclusion that Xmas Eve 1988 was a Sunday when shops were more prone to being closed.

Or something like that - not going to bother finding the old thread, but should be easy to search for it.

Back