Cartoon Book

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
s-l500.jpg

For some time I have been attempting to buy this book published in 1983 Littlehampton Book Services imprint ISBN

It is advertised as 128 pages. However several sites offer it for sale but when you get it you receive the Novel (basis for Gettign Sam Home) published originally by Coronet in 1974 then Granada in 1983 (Foggy replacing Blamire) ISBN 0586059032 and160 pages.

Twice I have tried and ordered the cartoon book with 128 pages and correct ISBN only to be sent the novel!

As the novel is cheaper than the cartoon book you are potentially out of pocket although it seems if you point out the error you get refunded and keep the erroneous book!

I will not try again and just warning others - you may not get the cartoon. But I do have two spare copies of the second version of the novel ... have the first version and I always think it reads much more like Blamire and a lot less like the Foggy we all knew. The soldier is very much a soldier with no day dreams or fanciful stories. Also the novel is quite gritty and the film was toned down somewhat.

So it looks as if I shall never see the cartoon book despite having most of the rest - first seven scripts, Holmfirth Express booklets and so on ...

I did not know about this book. After a search on ebay I found the ones you mentioned happyjack. Had to use the description of LotSW cartoon book since the isbn number did not show any on my search. Also see there are some on Amazon as well. Judging by the cover picture you showed.

Hopefully you eventually get your hands on a copy of the one you seek, barmpot.

Problem is they show the cover I want but what they send is something else - the novel. They have a statement to the effect that the binding and cover of what is offered may be different to what is supplied which sort of lets them off the hook!

However I found a non book eBay seller selling one who referred to black and white illustrations so I have taken one last chance. But still have two spare copies of the novel (Foggy version) which was published the same year as the cartoon book hence I suspect the confusion for the booksellers who probably are not totally aware of what all the range of items are.

If it turns out to be correct then I think I will have all of the written material penned by Roy Clarke on SW. If not then I shall ahve three spare copies of the novel!

Are you able to contact the seller ahead of time to verify if what they are offering is exactly what you want? I realize they may show a stock photo and not the actual thing of what they are offering. The amazon site did list the number of pages which I think was the same as the cartoon book. Best of luck to ya on finding what you are looking for.

Are you able to contact the seller ahead of time to verify if what they are offering is exactly what you want? I realize they may show a stock photo and not the actual thing of what they are offering. The amazon site did list the number of pages which I think was the same as the cartoon book. Best of luck to ya on finding what you are looking for.

The site I got it from is on Amazon as well and showed the cartoon photo and 128 pages but as they have several it seems you get the novel at 160 pages!

Problem is they show the cover I want but what they send is something else - the novel. They have a statement to the effect that the binding and cover of what is offered may be different to what is supplied which sort of lets them off the hook!

However I found a non book eBay seller selling one who referred to black and white illustrations so I have taken one last chance. But still have two spare copies of the novel (Foggy version) which was published the same year as the cartoon book hence I suspect the confusion for the booksellers who probably are not totally aware of what all the range of items are.

If it turns out to be correct then I think I will have all of the written material penned by Roy Clarke on SW. If not then I shall ahve three spare copies of the novel!
My book has black & white illustrations so you should be lucky this time.
Let us know the outcome.:42:

Back