Cannon & Ball clips

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Stumbled across some skits by these guys on the you tube. First time I think I have seen any of their skits. A good chuckle. While watching this one I thought that big guy drinking the beers looked familiar. Turns out he was Kevin* the 'Wise Man of the Woods' in the LotSW episode It all Begain with an Old Volvo Headlamp.

In another skit Micheal Robbins / Arthur from On the Busses plays a police officer.

I will keep an eye out for more skits and to see if I recognize any other actors.

* edit / added - I could be wrong on that. Sure looks like him though.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you Rick but I am pretty sure the actor in the first video is not Hywel Bennett who was Kevin . It does look like him and certainly standing at a bar with a paper and a pint would fit with one of Hywel's famous roles Shelley but I am pretty certain its not him . Did you just think it was him or has someone tagged the clip to say it is because I think they are incorrect.

You may be right about Hywel. Sure does look like him, especially pictures online of him in his younger days. Serves me right, I just googled his name along with cannon and ball. Seeing sentences with their names near each other jumped to conclusions. Should have looked at the imdb first but did not think such a tiny bit role would be listed. Oh, well. I can delete that part if need be.

Speaking for myself Rick all the bloopers I have made on the site , and there are several , I have left for posterity its just personal choice I think .

Have you seen the film they made - The Boys in Blue?

By no means the greatest film, but certainly an important record of Cannon and Ball in their heyday.

Morecambe and Wise (to be precise Morecambe) predicted Cannon and Ball would take over from them, which they kind of did, but with only lukewarm success.

Little and Large were around the same time, and had similar success.

Les Dennis and Dustin Gee very shortly followed, and were massively successful for a couple of years or so, until Gee's tragic death.

Gee was a brilliant impressionist, and worked well with Dennis.

If you like Cannon and Ball you will love Les Dennis and Dustin Gee - a sadly forgotten partnership.

Les Dennis and Dustin Gee tie in with the "last" of the three main characters from our beloved show Russ Abbot , they both appeared with him and others in Russ Abbot's Madhouse show .

Back