Can you recall the first episode you watched

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried to think what the first episode I watched and cannot,does any forum member recall what their first episode was,and if so what made you want to see more?

I am almost certain I see the first episode after a work mate said he had seen the pilot and said he thought it was quite funny. But it is possible that I did watch the pilot as I was a Comedy Playhouses fan at the time. I do remember seeing Steptoe & Son.

The first episode i ever saw was "Greenfingers", i can remember "Le Giant Carrot".

I watched Summer wine sporadically throughout the late 70's, i only started watching it full time when i bought a VHS recorder in 1984, the first episode i recorded was "Getting Sam home", it was a repeat from when it was first broadcast in December 1983.

G ; )

I came very late to Summerwine and actually tuned in because there was nothing else worth watching and was instantly hooked.That episode was,"The Thing in Wesleys Shed".I enjoyed the type of humour,the antics of the trio and just the general pace and fun.I remember checking through the TV listings to see when it would be aired again and not content with that,i started ordering the different series from Amazon,sometimes two and three at a time until i had them all collected up until the end of the second Foggy era.

Hector

Don't remember the episode, but... on one of our early trips to
Yorkshire, staying at Hazel's Roost in Bainbridge, after returning
from the pub, we turned on the TV and caught what we thought
was the last of "The Summer Wine." Loved the program, but
thought we just watched the LAST episode. That was back
in the Spring of 1997.

Got home to the states and found we were wrong, and it was
still going on. Started collecting and trading episodes and now
have them all. Watch one every night before bed.

Re: Can't you recall the first episode you watched

It was about fifteen years ago. I can't remember which episode it was but it was with Foggy, Clegg & Compo. They were at the Cafe and had just gotten their coffee & bun when all of a sudden for no reason Ivy chased them out. I instantly loved the show and tried to watch it when it was on my local PBS station. Years later it finally dawned on me that I should be recording the shows and by then the PBS station was just showing the same series over & over again. After many years years of this my husband told me about searching for them on you tube. My husband then started watching the shows and was hooked. He then started searching for the series and then found and purchased several series along with a region free dvd player. I watch at least one of the episodes every night.

I find it interesting that some of you recall the first episode you watched,mine would be a pure guess,I am pretty sure it would of been one of the early episodes when they were first screened on satellite TV,this I cannot be sure of,as I feel the BBC maybe of run repeats before that

I know I watched the first episodes,but the one that I really remember was Isometrics and After.Not having such a thing as a video recorder at the time I remeber recording it on audio cassette.
Years later when I bought that series on dvd the memories came flooding back and I could remember every line.

The first episode I can recall watching was Jubilee, I was very young at the time but I found it funny then and I have watched the series ever since

My first episode would have been some time in the late 70s and was probably about series 5 or 6 or 7 - did not routinely watch as I did not have a TV in those days.

The first I ever managed to record was Jaws - one fo the Seymour era and since then (1987) managed to get hold of every episode ever by careful checking UK GOLD ....

I've mentioned my random introduction to Last of the Summer Wine, seeing bits and pieces of the show till I actually paid attention to part of the beginning of one episode (Isometrics and After) that made me over a few weeks eventually tune in.

The first episode that I remember watching was The Flag and its Snags. I remember during this series, how it was odd that the show had what seemed like two-part episodes to a main story.

The Flag and It's Snags
The Flag and Further Snags

Here We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder
Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder

So when Earnshaw Strikes Again aired, it threw me for a loop. I think I had wondered if there was a previous episode involving this story. LOL

Really surprised at how I missed Full Steam Behind during that time.

My first episode was "Dewhursts of Ogleby Hall" and then it was because
I stumbled upon it and loved all the stonework...the old arched bridge
especially. I've been watching ever since but now I love eveything about it! ;D
I can't imagine life without LOSW now!

::) Have to be honest and say I cant remember the first one I watched.However I have watched them all times many on GOLD etc, I could not hazard a guess!! ???

I can't remember which was the actual first episode I saw, but the first episodes that I saw that I can identify were probably The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper and The Kink in Foggy's Niblick.

When I first moved to Maryland, the Public Television station aired "Keeping Up Appearances" at 2:30. It was one of the few British shows I was familiar with at the time. I started recording it and started watching "As Time Goes By" which followed. At first, the show I noticed before "Appearances" was simply a bunch of old guys running around. It didn't interest me. Then one time when I was forwarding the tape to "Appearances" I noticed Gavin Hinchcliffe skiing on a car in "In Which Gavin Hincliffe Loses the Gulf Stream". It certainly peaked my curiosity and I have been glued to Summer Wine ever since. A few weeks after that the station played one of my all time favorite episodes, "Follow that Bottle". Then Summer Wine became my favorite show.

On a side note.... when it comes to British shows in America, I think Maryland Public Televisio does a fabulous job. They refer to their afternoon block of shows as "Brit Wit". They recently added a few new shows to the 1 PM time slot. One was "Open all Hours" which is obviously great. Sadly, they replaced that with "To a Manor Born". I never could get into that show.

Back