Boomers - a return to comedies about older people

Mike

I am enjoying Boomers, although the Christmas special wasn't up to scratch. Its nice to have a comedy about older people again. Not quite Summer Wine but a step in the right direction and it does star Russ Abbott, Philip Jackson and June Whitfield.

I enjoyed it also , it is a good cast and scripts are well written. There are some laugh out loud moments but most of the humour is gentle and quite subtle . Its good that the ladies in the cast are strong actresses and get a lions share of the script its not all about the men .

I am enjoying Boomers, although the Christmas special wasn't up to scratch. Its nice to have a comedy about older people again. Not quite Summer Wine but a step in the right direction and it does star Russ Abbott, Philip Jackson and June Whitfield.
I agree. I am a huge fan of this show. I don't think there is any comparison to summer wine because nothing comes close. But its a great show. The interaction of the cast members is great. Not everyone's cup of tea but maybe that's because its not crude or constant swearing. Its good old fashioned fun. Roll on episode 3

Really sorry to anybody who tuned in last night, that was a terrible episode. Series 1 was much better.

Back