Boat Trip

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Went on a lovely canal boat trip on the regents canal yesterday from Camden Market to Little Venice in London. Along with the One I did in Skipton Yorkshire last year. I really enjoyed it. Anyone else done trips like these.

I did the Skipton one last year part of a holiday with National Holidays sadly it was hampered by torrential rain and with all the bodies on the boat the windows steamed up and we saw very little . I also took a trip on the Avon at Stratford as part of another National Holiday . That was really enjoyable and informative as there was an audio commentary through headphones . My most enjoyable trips have been abroad always try to fit in a boat ride if possible . Lovely day out in Tabarca [twice] a small island off the Spanish coast reached by small ferry from Alicante and also a Catamaran trip out of Benalmadena Dolphin spotting . All pale into insignificance compared with a rowing boat on the local park boating lake after a few sherbets in a local hostelry
:18:

I had a trip or three on the Kennett and Avon in 1965 and a trip in the Kennett & Avon as well.

I also had a week on the Broads in 1981 I think.

Might try a trip at Skipton or at Shipley where they use a Leeds wide boat rather than a narrow boat. Leeds & Liverpool canal is a wide canal but can not take the longest narrow boats as its locks have a maximum 57 foot length. Rochdale is a wide canal but many of the others ca not take the wide boats.

I had a trip or three on the Kennett and Avon in 1965 and a trip in the Kennett & Avon as well.

As you mentioned the Kennett and Avon Rod , reminds me of the brilliant BBC series A Passion for Angling, where they fished on the Kennett and Avon amongst others. Beautifully filmed, well worth a watch even if you're not so into angling.

Back