Blank

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
This morning I got out of bed, zoomed down the stairs on the chair-lift, opened the front door and took in a pair of lungs-full of fresh air whilst doing some exercises on the front lawn. Old Mrs Harris gave me a wave and a big smile as she passed by during her morning walk with her pet grasshopper. I was confused by this as she normally has a face as long as my electric bill. Her face is so long that her chin scrapes along the floor as she walks. I think she does that on purpose to help keep her beard short. However, this morning she was all smiles and I swear she started laughing as she progressed down the street. I stood there scratching my head with an old rose-tree branch trying to figure out what made her laugh. As I stood there contemplating I became aware of my reflection in the garden pond. What I saw filled me with horror. I promptly shot back indoors, mounted the chair lift, [not what you think missus] staggered into the bedroom, and got dressed. After that I indulged myself in tea and toast, pulled out my laptop, [computer dear, computer] and prepared myself to write something to make you smile. THEN, horror of horrors, my mind went BLANK. I couldn't think of anything to say. So, sadly, I will have to leave you with a blank page and say 'maybe tomorrow', which is what Mrs Harris said when she passed my door as she returned from walking her pet grass-hopper.
Have a nice day. ;)

She laughed because everything you "had" was pointing down at the pool as if as to say "Look at my new pool Mrs Harris" when she had seen it many times previously . I think she hoped as you caught a glimpse of her strolling down the street a small part of you might have pointed out what a beautiful sky it was , sadly it wasn't to be and she cut her losses knowing fine well that when you finally realised it would be dark ;) Oh Matron! :eek:

Last edited:
Back