Biographies

Rhi

Dedicated Member
Does anyone have an opinion on the actors books? I bought 'Fading into the Limelight' and absolutely loved it. Fell for Peter Sallis all over again! I bought Bill Owens book (haven't read it yet) and this week Kathy Staffs book. All from Amazon and incredibly Kathy Staffs was autographed!

Does anyone have an opinion on the actors books? I bought 'Fading into the Limelight' and absolutely loved it. Fell for Peter Sallis all over again! I bought Bill Owens book (haven't read it yet) and this week Kathy Staffs book. All from Amazon and incredibly Kathy Staffs was autographed!

They are on my to-do list Rhi ;)

I´ve only got Fading into the Limelight and enjoyed it very much, too. I was only surprised that Peter only told about bits of his childhood and parents, but never mentioned he was married and divorced and has a son. But I guess that belongs to the details he keeps private very carefully.

I have started to read Kathy Staff's My Story - Wrinkles and All and so far it is a joy. It definitely reads like the book has been put together from transcribed audio interviews with Kathy, but that's part of the charm; in some ways it feels like having a chat with your Nan.

I´ve only got Fading into the Limelight and enjoyed it very much, too. I was only surprised that Peter only told about bits of his childhood and parents, but never mentioned he was married and divorced and has a son. But I guess that belongs to the details he keeps private very carefully.

Yes I had noted that, it was very much about his acting with little about the man himself. I still think that from what I have read and heard in interviews there was something of Clegg in Peter Sallis.

Yep, Fading into the Limelight was mostly an account of Mr Sallis' professional life. He might have thought that was all people would be interested in. Equally I think he's remarkable in todays media hungry world for not talking about his family. Good for him, yeah? But I didn't know he was divorced. As long as he's happy.

Fading into the limelight is a great book enjoyed it a lot.Trying to find Bills book at a good price and still looking for the Ross/Bright book :)

Amos there is a second hand copy of Ross and Bright on Amazon at 12p plus £2.80 postage. Brand new one at £153.81 plus postage!

Just checked and there is a hard cover version of Bill Owen's book at £1546.46 plus £2.80 (Two actually from different suppliers). Shame I only have a paper back one! But as none are available perhaps it might be worth even more!!!

Just checked and there is a hard cover version of Bill Owen's book at £1546.46 plus £2.80 (Two actually from different suppliers). Shame I only have a paper back one! But as none are available perhaps it might be worth even more!!!
:eek: £1500 for a book ??Is that a typo my friend or is it on gold leaf?? :eek:

I am going to get peters book, on my kindle for my cruise next month. I daren't get it til the last minute as I won't be able to help myself from reading it. I also just got the richard webber one, sadly kathy's book isn't on kindle yet.
I may have to buy kathy's paper back to take with me,is it any good!!

LOL, I know the feeling! I got Peter´s book for Christmas. I spent the rest of the evening (we get our presents in the evening of Christmas Eve) on the sofa reading it, and a good part of the night too.

Yes, it seems most other countries do it in the morning of Christmas day, but we don´t do it here in Germany. I´m not sure about the other countries in Europe. But it is quite nice and romantic to light the tree on Christmas Eve when it´s dark outside (sadly scarcely ever with snow on that particular day) and switch all the other lights off, so the candles on the tree is all, and then sit down and unwrap your presents with Christmas songs playing. I wouldn´t like to do all this in daylight, I´m so used to doing it in the early evening, very festive mood too.

Back