Auntie Margaret is Not Happy.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Auntie Margaret isn't happy, now my Aunt Margaret is in her 70s never married and loves a good drama on tv, she doesn't do internet or hyper space as she calls it so she just watches the main tv channels. I ring her every week to see how's doing and she clues me up on what's good to watch, last week she told me about View Point a drama on ITV she'd seen most of the episodes and said she was enjoying it so yesterday I found it on catch up and binged watched the whole thing, afterwards I text Auntie Margaret and said ohhhhhya I didn't see that coming :D and she rang me straight back, I thought oh c*** I hope I haven't spoilt the ending for her! She asked if I'd seen the last episode? I said yes, haven't you seen it yet? She said that because the lead actor had been accused of sexual harassment and bullying ITV had decided not to show the last episode but had decided to stream it!! So people like Auntie Margaret that don't have internet or have access to internet for any reason can't watch it!
Now if this bloke is a sex pest and a bully then I agree he shouldn't be on our tv but he's already been paid for that show and they can't take it back off him so the only people being punished for his crimes are people like Auntie Margaret. They've invested 5 hours into a show they can't watch the end now because some bloke can't keep his hands to himself. I told her the ending but it's not the same as actually watching it. I don't understand ITVs thinking on this, their thought process is mind boggling to me. If they don't want to reward him for bad behaviour and yes he shouldn't be rewarded if it turns out the allegations are true but the only people here being punished are those without internet.

it used to be innocent until proven guilty and no charges have actually been brought against him,just the usual faceless accusations.

A very good actor being hung out to dry.

Let‘s see how it unfolds.

Even those with the net access were given only two days on the ITV Hub to watch it before they took it down .
I don't understand their reasoning, its bizarre. Millions of people are without internet. If they don't want to show it then don't show it but don't leave out the people that can't watch it.

I think pressure built . ITV had aired 4 of the 5 episodes when the story about Noel Clarke broke . Their view was that people had invested 4 hours watching it and needed to see the conclusion but as pressure built and more and more stories came out they were essentially backed into a corner . I would assume they had already sold the advertising space between the various parts of Friday's planned showing perhaps some of the sponsors/advertisers had second thoughts about being associated with the show and so ITV probably took the only option open which was to put it on the hub where the show was only 47 minutes in length with reduced advertising breaks and allowed some of the audience the choice to watch it .

In the end ITV couldn't win do they show it because the "innocent until proven guilty " should apply particularly as the story only took a real hold on Friday itself or do they simply cancel it fully leaving millions disappointed at not being to see the conclusion . It's such a hard decision. I have been watching lots of crime dramas , I have watched so many I can't recall which one it was I watched the other day [Might have been Broadchurch or Waking the Dead] , but Jimmy Saville's photograph and dialogue relating to him came up and that was on one of the terrestrial catch up players is that right?

Back