Anyone else seen this?

This collection seems to be missing the Pilot, which
in my collection is titled merely: "First of the Summer Wine"

Strange they would leave that out.

Yeah, i noticed that as well but for the price they are asking, it's maybe not too bad.

G ; )

Yeah, i noticed that as well but for the price they are asking, it's maybe not too bad.

G ; )

It doesn't appear to be good service. This looks like somebody who copies old TV tapes onto DVD and sells them. They even stae that they have a 'No refund policy' if you are not satisfied, just a replacement for a faulty DVD, I wouldn't touch these with a 10' pole.

I have seen something similar advertised which included the pilot: also on three discs.

However they have never been commercially released - my copies are on VHS recorded at the time apart from a few I acquired through a New Zealand contact later on. The pikot I got from UK Gold but the others were recorded when originally transmitted.

Somebody did say that they are probably copies of off-air recordings made. Given the original airing dates are 1988 and 1989 then it is likely that they were originally taped as I am not sure that many, if any, had DVD recording capability then.

VHS quality is far less than DVD and if you have ever transferred a tape to DVD you can see far more of the lack of definition on a DVD player.

Just checked a bit more on the website: another series actually says at the bottom source: UK TV (I think) which would indicate that my earlier premise of being off-air recrdings could well be true but if from UK TV then might be later reruns which could have been recorded direct to DVD.

Just checked a bit more on the website: another series actually says at the bottom source: UK TV (I think) which would indicate that my earlier premise of being off-air recrdings could well be true but if from UK TV then might be later reruns which could have been recorded direct to DVD.

I don't think they will be from re-runs. Some of the discs they sell cover shows form the early 60's that have never been repeated on cable TV let alone commercial.

I assume that the quality would be poor, hence them only replacing a faulty disc if you don't like what you get.

Back