cciaffone

Dedicated Member
There are two versions of The Loxley Lozenge, one
with Crusher and one without.

Just got another set of Playback discs (17-20) and am wondering
whether to keep any of my old copies in case of another
discrepancy.

No replies to this.
Chuck, DVD's (and especially the BBC) are/were notorious for cutting bits when released. I have no idea why. In the past, both on Video and DVD I have encountered this on other series.
I'd say it was worth keeping your originals to have a 'true' copy.

Chuck, DVD's (and especially the BBC) are/were notorious for cutting bits when released. I have no idea why. In the past, both on Video and DVD I have encountered this on other series.
I'd say it was worth keeping your originals to have a 'true' copy.

Yes, I have stacks of old DVD copies of SW (as well as heartbeat and
the royal). They take up mucho space and all. But even though
I purchase the Oaf-ficial released DVDs, I keep the original "pirate"
copies "just in case." Now I know why.

The only other episode that I have noticed a minor difference with is 'Some Enchanted Evening'. The part where Nora is putting make up on by the mirror has been mysteriously omitted. This scene is shown on the airings of the episode which I have seen on both G.O.L.D and Yesterday.

A long time ago I questioned this, and was told it was to do with contractural issues such as music beign played which did not have clearance for a repeat perfromance or a minor character for whom they were unable to get repeat rights agreed. I suspect that sometimes such a cut would allow some saving of cash to be made.

It seems as if they are typically less than a minute because the overall running time is not altered greatly.

Back