Any more DVD Releases planned?

Blue summer

Dedicated Member
Seeing as the Beeb aren't likely to budge on keeping the programme running, what chance is there of all the series being released on DVD?
I think it's a fair exchange.

G ; )

The best people to ask are Universal playback who own the rights for release, but their website is pretty hopeless and they don't appear to have anything in the pipeline.

The other one is to regularly check play.com - where it's cheaper - you can even subscribe to the site and they will inform you when it is due for release. Although they have nothing showing at present which means it is some way off the next one. I did hear that the next DVD had been pushed back to Christmas due to the state of the original BBC tape and remastering problems.

Yes, i got all mine from Play.com, i do check on their site now`n then, shame eh?

Cheers Stewpot.

G ; )

What i find noticeable is that any other series have been issued by Universal/BBC as complete sets.

Open All Hours, Dad's Army, Yes Minister, Vicar of Dibley, Keeping Up Appearances, Only Fools and Horses and so on.

SW has been the noticeable exception - possibly because it is still a current series, however they are hardly half way through yet and I am sure that if more were released then there woudl eb the market.

The other thing I have noticed is that a lot of the complete series of other programmes can be had at cut prices from play.com and elsewhere but SW DVDs are only marginally discounted. Any ideas why, anybody?

The other thing I have noticed is that a lot of the complete series of other programmes can be had at cut prices from play.com and elsewhere but SW DVDs are only marginally discounted. Any ideas why, anybody?

I have found it varies with price, depending on where you go. It's sometimes cheaper to buy them from WH Smith's, the last series was £19.99, wheras at HMV they were asking £24, and I asked them straight out how they could justify a £4 difference, they could not give me a straightforward answer.

Back