Another Summer Wine comic...

sw-dw.jpg

Here's another one. This one has a Doctor Who theme as requested from my brother... which wasn't actually hard considering!! Enjoy!!

LOOOL, great! I was wondering if you would pick up the Ice Warriors when I read you had done one with a Doctor Who theme :D . I love how Foggy hides behind Compo!
By the way, it´s on youtube, but it´s not so easy to find. The Doctor Who episodes with Peter Sallis about the Ice Warriors, I mean.

I love the the way you combined the two Claye.Patrick Troughton was my fave Doctor mainly i suppose because he was the one from my early childhood.William Hartnell used to scare the hell out of me lol

I love it.Fantastic.
Claye on behalf of all us 'wino's' thank you for brightening our days

Thanks to all of you for the positive comments. I'm glad that everyone is enjoying them. I know that I do one and wait a while to do the next one. The reason for that is I don't want to run out of ideas. Right now that was the 7th strip I've done (not including the Doctor Who one) and just the other day I came up with an idea for the 12th one. I try to do a strip then think up an idea for one. That way it sort of evens out.

The third man in this one is ex-policeman Herbert "Truly of the Yard" Truelove, and is also my last comic strip..... of course, I could be lying...

sw-9.jpg

Here's a quick one I did. Probably the fastest one I did which was about 6 hours total, non-stop. I usually spread them out. Doing the "pencil" work, the black line work, the coloring and stopping betwen one or two of those three processes. It's kind of a request from some Keeping Up Appearance fans I know in a chat room. Namely two. "Do a Onslow comic", they'd say. I've only recently seen a bit of KuA. I only saw one episode prior, and ironically enough it had two characters at the end that seemed like Compo and Nora. So I actually came up with an idea for one to mix with Summer Wine.

sw-k.jpg

No comic yet, will be working on the next one next week. In the meantime, there have been some cases where some strips that I have done the lettering takes up room and covers the artwork on it. Here are some of those pics that I think are good to see without the chat bubbles and dialogue. THOUGH, it may show some of my weak parts in drawing. LOL.

trio-1.jpg

Landscape shot, and yes I sorta cheated with the landscape part. I did a trace of the opening shot in "Cheering Up Ludovic". Shame on me, huh?

dr-who.jpg

A better picture of the Tardis and the 10th Doctor.

seymour.jpg

A better view of the scene with Seymour, maybe a better view of the Betting Shop with the posters.

nora-battys.jpg

*cue that familiar tune* This scene has been an integral part as the opening in most of the show's episodes.

That's all for the moment.

Here's another comic. This one features PC's Cooper and Walsh and an early Valentine's Day treat for fans of Howard and Marina!

sw10.jpg

Halfway into doing this comic, I finally remembered there was one episode where Howard and Marina were dressed in a two person horse costume. I promise I didn't steal the idea or try to. Just wanted something for the PC's to comment on. Anyone remember the name of that episode with the two person horse costume?

Brilliant! very funny Claye, you really are very talented, I love how I can just "hear" Howard and Marina talking to one another all lovey dovey!!
Ordeal by Trousers was one of my favourite episodes by the way. ;D

There are now over 10 comics. Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's favorite? As I list them, I'll try to think up interesting titles for them:

A War Story in Sheep's Clothing - (the sheep)
Compo Gets A Mouthful - (Compo eating really hot soup)
Two Ferrets and a Sign Writer - (Foggy babysitting ferrets)
Compo the Marathon Runner - (Compo training for marathon)
The Fish That Didn't Get Away - (Compo fishing)
Darwin's Theory of Barmyness - (The ladies Tea Time)
Love That Scenery - (Trio reflecting on the Yorkshire landscape)
What's up, Doc? - (The Doctor *Doctor Who* visits the Trio)
Jockeying for Position - (Compo the Horse Jockey)
A Bucket of Yorkshire Pudding - (The Buckets meet the Trio)
Boxing Day - (Compo gives Nora a present)
Cattle Patrol - (Howard and Marina dress as a cow)

...or if you'd like to come up with your own titles, feel free to. LOL

Back