Another New Member

LOTSW Fan

Dedicated Member
Hello To All!

I joined this morning after someone recommended this forum. My name is Nancy and I have been a fan since about 1998. My sister introduced me to the show and I was instantly hooked.

Clegg is my very favorite and Seymour is my favorite third man. "Deviations With Davenport", "The Suite That Attracts Blondes", and "Full Steam Behind" are some of my favorite episodes.

I did see the episode when Compo died, the one when Tom was introduced, and Clegg's birthday. Tom and his puppet didn't appeal to me and I thought the one about Clegg's birthday was very sad. My PBS station stopped showing it about that time.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum

Nanc

Hello To All!

I joined this morning after someone recommended this forum. My name is Nancy and I have been a fan since about 1998. My sister introduced me to the show and I was instantly hooked.

Clegg is my very favorite and Seymour is my favorite third man. "Deviations With Davenport", "The Suite That Attracts Blondes", and "Full Steam Behind" are some of my favorite episodes.

I did see the episode when Compo died, the one when Tom was introduced, and Clegg's birthday. Tom and his puppet didn't appeal to me and I thought the one about Clegg's birthday was very sad. My PBS station stopped showing it about that time.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum

Nanc

Hi Nancy
Welcome to the forum and I do hope you enjoy your time on here,we love to hear from folk who are wine fans

Welcome, Nancy, or 'Ceud mìle fàilte!' as we might say in this part of the world.

I wonder if you are unique confessing that Seymour is your favourite third man?

Hey Nancy!! Glad you could get over here. Look about
at the different forums and try what you'd like. Neat forum!

Also look at the pics in The Gallery.

Terry, the main man and real boss, used to live near Haworth,
up above The Olde Silent pub and near the Bronte stuff. He knows
West Yorkshire (Holmfirth!!) like nobody else.

Y'all, Nancy and I are refugees from a dying SW group
on another channel, both looking for folks who want to talk
about SW rather than other things.

And Full Steam Behind is one of my two all time
faves (Of Funerals and Fish is the other).

chuck

Thank you to all of you for the very nice welcome. It is nice to be a part of this group. Chuck is right, I would prefer to talk about SW than personal chit chat.

If I am the 300th member, do I get a gold star?

Right now I am watching some of the episodes with Seymour. Foggy was my favorite third man until I saw more of Seymour. Of course, I still laugh hysterically when Foggy is around.

Nancy

Welcome Nancy. Look forward to your contributions.

300th member -definitely a gold star. When I joined it was quite a small group.

According to the members list I was number 13 and **** number 14 and we seem to be the only ones out of the early ones who still regularly post. Dutchcompo, number 2, does occasionally.

Just possible that Dick may have been in earlier as his original account was compromised (not by him) and he had to re-register later on.

Welcome Nancy. I actually started watching LOTSW after Bill Owen had passed. Now I am enjoying their early years on PBS. I saw the 30 year special or parts of it on Utube and don't think I can watch it again but it is amazing how Roy Clarke put humor in this and made it respectable. It was very well done.

This group is a lot of fun but they are very caring to. Glad to have you aboard!

PS I loved "full steam behind too!

Hello Nancy, Clegg is my favourite too, I prefer the early series, at the moment I am watching "The changing face of rural Blamire" I think its hilarious.

Thank you both for the welcome. It is nice to be able to talk about the show.
Not sure how long we will be able to talk now that it has ended.
I guess new members will ask new questions and make new comments to keep it going.

Speaking of questions. Was Mr. Wainright, the librarian, any relation to Auntie Wainright? I know Auntie and Howard were related, but don't know about these two.

Nancy

Don't think any relationship was ever established between Auntie and
Librarian Wainwright Have never found any connection.

Howard was a Sibshaw, and I am never sure how that
relates to Auntie Wainwright. (I know, she was his
"aunt" allegedly.)

Sometimes I think some of these characters got added by
"accident" (during summer theater season) and stuck
around for no real reason in the show's filming.

I knew I was spelling their name wrong.

Howard was a Sibshaw? I've never heard that name before. Mind you, I don't watch the show as often as everyone seems to do. I will go months without putting in a dvd. Maybe I'm not as big of a fan as I thought.

Thanks for all you info, Chuck.

I knew I was spelling their name wrong.

Howard was a Sibshaw? I've never heard that name before. Mind you, I don't watch the show as often as everyone seems to do. I will go months without putting in a dvd. Maybe I'm not as big of a fan as I thought.

Thanks for all you info, Chuck.

The name Sibshaw was never mentioned in the show but was in one of the 'Summer Wine Chronicles'.

Welcome, Nancy, or 'Ceud mìle fàilte!' as we might say in this part of the world.

I wonder if you are unique confessing that Seymour is your favourite third man?

I suppose Seymour as a favorite third man is a bit unusual considering the popularity of Blamire, Foggy, and Seymour. However, I can totally see your side of things as I enjoy the Seymour era so much.

Perhaps there are three criteria for a favorite third man.

1. The character himself
2. The quality of the episodes the character is in.
3. How well he works with the other two.

Seymour is a very good character but I think he is great when it comes to criteria 2 and 3.

Back