A Short Introduction to Cooper's Rules

Try and imagine a drunk driver in the back of a police car, being driven down the main street of a big city trying to sing "Please Release Me" at the top of his voice out the window because he believes someone told him that if he sings well enough he will be "UN- arrested!!!

Them's Brian's rules!!! Cooper is a novice:08::fp:

Mind you I DID like the drink can trick!!!;)

Absolutely brilliant story Brian ! How surreal is that, sure you must have some teeth itching tales from your time, that Inspector Clouseau would say was "an ufficer uf the luh " :)

Forgotten most of the stuff...well... consciously anyway, some still comes back to haunt me:13:
Yes Peri...I used to be a Plod, managed 30 years before my brain (such as it is) decided to betray me:15:
Cooper could not be modeled on me....he is a mere "amateur" LOL but is probably based on Roy Clarke himself or on his colleagues during HIS time as a Yorkshire Bobby.

Forgotten most of the stuff...well... consciously anyway, some still comes back to haunt me:13:
Yes Peri...I used to be a Plod, managed 30 years before my brain (such as it is) decided to betray me:15:
Cooper could not be modeled on me....he is a mere "amateur" LOL but is probably based on Roy Clarke himself or on his colleagues during HIS time as a Yorkshire Bobby.
30 years plodding, WOW. You must have a few tales to tell. That's a hint. I'm all ears. .... No, I'm not a rabbit. :35:

I thought you were a pilot, Brian?

Would have been nice if their spin off show had happened.

Rick, I was BOTH AT THE SAME TIME! As for telling tales, you may get the occasional amusing (??) anecdote from me but I try hard NOT to remember stuff and am on some strong pills to keep me under control if I DO!!

Now...back on topic

Yep would have like to have seen the spin-off show:)

I would liked to have seen a spin off show also . I guess Brian if you do share any snippets they will not be introduced with the immortal .... "Once upon a time in a land far far away ......" but with either "Evenin All!" or "If I can refer to my notebook. I was proceeding in a Westerly direction when ........................ ":08:;):fp:

Sorry Brian couldn't resist ! :)

A pilot and a copper at the same time. I gotcha now, Brian. You were in the Flying Squad! Rowan Atkinson mentioned them in The Thin Blue Line. I really liked that show too. Wish Cooper and crew had spun off to make a Thin Blue Line show in Summer Wine land equivalent.

I'm just having fun with ya, Brian. Sounds like you had an interesting line of work.

A pilot and a copper at the same time. I gotcha now, Brian. You were in the Flying Squad! Rowan Atkinson mentioned them in The Thin Blue Line. I really liked that show too. Wish Cooper and crew had spun off to make a Thin Blue Line show in Summer Wine land equivalent.

I'm just having fun with ya, Brian. Sounds like you had an interesting line of work.
Rick, Ken Kitson and Louis Emerick did try and get a 'spin-off' about the two coppers in Summer Wine but apparently, the BBC weren't interested. Shame. Those two were so funny. They added a whole new depth to SW.

Hey Peri if you search through the site you will see threads about it and the attempts to have funding generated by fans including members from the site , I know it was a very poignant quest for Terry [Maltrab] .

Back