A glimmer of hope?

Gavin

With a trail (yes, a trail!!!) airing for Last of the Summer Wine's new series, plus, it has to be said, a very good timeslot (7.30pm), and weak opposition on ITV1 (Alan Titchmarsh!), I think we could be seeing Summer Wine's best audience figures for some years.

So, please, lavish praise on the series to the BBC, and who knows, we might get that final episode.

Plase try to keep the contact polite, though. Angry rants are counter-productive. After all, if you wanted someone to lend you a tenner, you wouldn't call them an idiot before asking, would you? ;D

With a trail (yes, a trail!!!) airing for Last of the Summer Wine's new series, plus, it has to be said, a very good timeslot (7.30pm), and weak opposition on ITV1 (Alan Titchmarsh!), I think we could be seeing Summer Wine's best audience figures for some years.

So, please, lavish praise on the series to the BBC, and who knows, we might get that final episode.

Plase try to keep the contact polite, though. Angry rants are counter-productive. After all, if you wanted someone to lend you a tenner, you wouldn't call them an idiot before asking, would you? ;D

Are you another one who works for the BBC management?
You think they deserve ANY politeness after they have treated the shows writers, cast, producers and fans with such disdain and off-handedness.
They have been determined to end the show for long enough, if you understood any of this, then you would clearly see it's the not because it is ending that has upset people, it's HOW, by not letting Roy Clarke end the series the way he would have wanted. And you think been 'polite' to them would make any difference?, after all, Jonathan Ross has got away with been extremely vulgar and rude to people for years, and been paid a ridiculous amount of licence payers money for doing it.

Are you another one who works for the BBC management?
You think they deserve ANY politeness after they have treated the shows writers, cast, producers and fans with such disdain and off-handedness.
They have been determined to end the show for long enough, if you understood any of this, then you would clearly see it's the not because it is ending that has upset people, it's HOW, by not letting Roy Clarke end the series the way he would have wanted. And you think been 'polite' to them would make any difference?, after all, Jonathan Ross has got away with been extremely vulgar and rude to people for years, and been paid a ridiculous amount of licence payers money for doing it.
No, I don't work for the BBC. Never have.

I understand the concerns are about not having a final episode. I mentioned a final episode in my previous post.

Remember, our e-mails/letters to the BBC have been/are going to be read by junior employees who paid no part in the decision to deny the show a concluding episode.

If you think people like that deserve angry rants about a decision they had no part in, that's your choice.

Back