A Familiar Yorkshireman .....

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Listened to a radio episode of What Ever Happened To The Likely Lads and one of the characters sounded familiar.

I looked at the cast listing and it was Bill Owen playing a Yorkshire man, I've checked an he was also in the the TV episode too. The character is more assertive than Compo and does sound quite different. Just shows the amazing versatility of his acting abilities. I've found the link on YT for the episode if anyone wants to see it.

He played George Chambers...Thelma's dad.
A self made man....who did very well in "the building game"..I agree Barry...he was more assertive....a confident yet laid back nice man,with a good sense of humour.

Thought you may have been a fan CC, being fellow Tyne-siders! The Likely Lads is one classic series that has passed me by for no particular reason. Would you recommend watching the series?

Most definitely there are some episodes although dated in scenery etc are still really funny strangely enough in one episode Terry is laid up in bed and Bob comes to visit , they are always portrayed as huge Toon Fans [ In one of the episodes Terry gets arrested for having a punch up with some Rangers fans when toon played them in the Fairs Cup years back] but in that scene there is a football team poster on the wall of Terry's bedroom and its Sunderland :oops: . Appears Bolam was a Sunderland lad and supported them guessing he insisted the poster had to be them . There's an episode with Alun Armstrong playing a local thug which is just great as are so many of them . If you get a chance watch them .

They made a film which has a few funny scenes but like most big screen reflections of hit TV shows it doesn't quite work.

Looked on your favourite Daily Motion Barry and Whatever happened to the likely lads episodes are on there . The one I like amongst them all is Conduct Unbecoming which is the Alun Armstrong one its just so funny given how the meek and mild Bob reacts, if you watch any watch that one .

Looked on your favourite Daily Motion Barry and Whatever happened to the likely lads episodes are on there . The one I like amongst them all is Conduct Unbecoming which is the Alun Armstrong one its just so funny given how the meek and mild Bob reacts, if you watch any watch that one .
Thank you ever so much CC, Dailymotion is an Aladdin''s Cave of vintage treasure as far as I'm concerned!!! You can keep your £10 a month for Netflix as I prefer the content on the former for free :p :p :p :p

Back