4K/UHD of LOSW Episodes

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
It was pointed out to me today, that Fawlty Towers is out in Blu-Ray quality, this show was first released in 1975 and the quality is very good, wouldn't it be great if they did the same with LOSW

Its intertesting, I go to the stores and look at 20 TV's all lined up.. some $400, some $12,000... I can hardly tell the differences. Certainly not 11,000 difference LOL

Wouldn't it just happen that they release the show cleaned up in Blu-Ray quality now that I finally have them all on DVD! :29:

Something to look forward to if they ever do. Hopefully they still have the master film rolls.

Its intertesting, I go to the stores and look at 20 TV's all lined up.. some $400, some $12,000... I can hardly tell the differences. Certainly not 11,000 difference LOL

That's because the differences are minor and only apparent depending on the source of the image and other variables. My living room TV is a cheaper brand and it does a good job on everything from HD to old standard def LOTSW disks. The newer TV's mostly pay off for people trying to create a home theater experience where they sit relatively close to the screen.

Well, wouldn't it just be OK to own the episodes and be able to watch them? I find that standard definition, broadcast quality has a certain charm, especially with older episodes were originally produced that way.

Well, wouldn't it just be OK to own the episodes and be able to watch them? I find that standard definition, broadcast quality has a certain charm, especially with older episodes were originally produced that way.

With UHD versions of older shows/films I have seen all the detail comes to life, there are elements that was hidden in the background before because of the lack of detail on VHS and DVD, with the shows main attraction beyond the actors being the landscape, it would be nice to see it in full detail

And when you spend all that money they then want to sell you something to improve the sound quality of a flat screen TV

To perhaps convey the counter view the view on these hi-tech innovation TV's are really only as good as your own eyes dictate . Whilst some shows benefit from editing and reprocessing some things are just best left alone . With the individual and collective Laurel and Hardy DVD's they offer the colourised versions of the film and for me personally I would never watch them, it's a travesty and they are best left as they were, created in Black and White.

With UHD versions of older shows/films I have seen all the detail comes to life, there are elements that was hidden in the background before because of the lack of detail on VHS and DVD, with the shows main attraction beyond the actors being the landscape, it would be nice to see it in full detail

There are some things not shown to their full potential with standard definition and broadcast quality programmes, such as the landscape, but it is sometimes good to see episodes unaltered and in their original form. UHD and blu-ray though does improve the quality and longevity of each episode for future generations to enjoy.

just on the technology of TV's what ever happened to 3D. 3-5 yrs ago it was the next HUGE thing in tele... bet you couldnt find one anywhere anymore LOL

just on the technology of TV's what ever happened to 3D. 3-5 yrs ago it was the next HUGE thing in tele... bet you couldnt find one anywhere anymore LOL

And curved TV, I know several folk that bought them and soon got rid of them

I know Bruce I have 4 pairs of 3D glasses sat in drawer I purchased for the principle sum of £1 per pair from my local J D Wetherspoons who after introducing TV to their Pubs [despite when they first opened preached no TV/no Music] bought into 3D especially when Sky started to broadcast football matches in 3D .

You could even get some of your money back by handing the glasses back but everyone just kept them and used at home when watching Sky games but then it was dropped like a hot potato and people were left with these unwanted souvenirs . All the channels showing 3D matches and films ceased showing any content . To be frank the experience wasn't great wearing the glasses was a big distraction from the game and the picture was not convincing . As the decline set in Wetherspoons reduced the number of TV's showing the 3D Coverage and reverted all but one in my local to ordinary TV .

They have had several attempts over the lifetime of TV to sell 3D and its spectacularly failed every time.

Where are the 3D hologram TV systems we were promised to have had by now? As well as our flying cars!

TV first then holographic windows so you can change the outside perspective of your home so instead of buying a condo in Miami or a beach side apartment in Hawaii or even a Beach Hut in Cleethorpes , the image is just projected on your living room window , mind you the Hollies will have to rewrite "Look through any Window"

Look through any window, yeah
What do you see?
Swaying Palm trees all around,
Swimmers , Surfers falling down .

I often watch TV in 3D. It's something I learned some years ago and it works. People I have tried to pass the idea on to think I am nuts, BUT, it does work.

Peri,

Not the old hooky woodbines again or one too many sherbets giving you double vision don the old free red/green 3D glasses and Bob's your Auntie 3DTV ;);):12:

Much simpler and cheaper than that Captain. Send me half of a sucked lozenge {not Loxley}, and I will tell you how it can be done. I like to joke but this is genuine.

Back