The Documentary

Disaster Averted!

A couple of weekends ago I got "special" access for some filming. On returning home I downloaded the video files from the data cards in the cameras, but during the process one of the downloads stopped... and the computer said "No!" The memory card was "empty", it appeared to be dead.
B*&£%#$!!
So along comes my Knight in Shining Armour .. well, petedk42 actually, who has performed some sort of magic and restored the lost files!
Phew!

Remember the spate of disposable cameras you could buy ? Shoot the pictures and develop . It was the favourite of the party pooper at the Office Christmas Parties who spoil and capture the "fun of others" and take great delight in telling everyone involved on the first day of work post Christmas break :mad:

While there is still some more filming to do, I have started going through the video files and picking the "good" takes. :cool: We only started filming in September and I have already forgotten some of what was recorded! :( Even some of the occasions where it took seven minutes to nail getting through two sentences without mispronouncing, having a 'technical' glitch or being interrupted! :fp: I did remember petedk42 and I both got sunburnt on the first morning filming, I also remember the afternoon when we did a couple of shots, packed up - then Pete realised the radio mic was not plugged in to the camera. :mad: However, neither of us been run over yet, despite the number of times we have been stood in the middle of the road to get a good angle - we can't get the traffic stopped like the BBC! :oops:

Whatever you do just keep your eyes open for short base land rovers and metal umbrellas. There, now you've been warned. Ahem.

While there is still some more filming to do, I have started going through the video files and picking the "good" takes. ...
Well, it was a good job I didn't leave that task too late. I've just watched myself read a line of script to camera and then say, "All that setting up for one line!"
Hang on, I've got the script in front of me, that's only the first line of two paragraphs, where's the rest? Someone is going to have to climb that hill again and do a re-take! :fp:

I've been quiet on here for the last two months... partly due to going back to work full time for 6 weeks up to Christmas to earn some money to pay for electricity, and also help pay for travel and accommodation for my trips to Yorkshire. I'm still working for at least another 6 weeks, but just 3 days a week now. So I've had time to start recording the voiceovers for the videos, and petedk42 has been doing some of his magic on some video files where not everything is as it was supposed to be! [edit: typo]

Last edited:
I've been quiet on here for the last two months... partly due to going back to work full time for 6 weeks up to Christmas to earn some money to pay for electricity, and also help pay for travel and accommodation for my trips to Yorkshire. I'm still working for at least another 6 weeks, but just 3 days a week now. So I've had time to start recoding the voiceovers for the videos, and petedk42 has been doing some of his magic on some video files where not everything is as it was supposed to be!
Brilliant work and thank you for your dedication, I'm sure Steven Spielberg didn't have to work over Christmas to pay for his electricity :D

Back