Smiler "Clem Hemmingway"

Incredible, his acting skills were never a stretch because he played the same solemn mournful character in On the Buses which he then adapted slightly for Smiler . In On the Buses he was on occasion forceful with his voice with the famous " Get that Bus out Butler" catchphrase but it had little effect however most of the time he was morose and just carried that on in LOTSW . He even featured in an early episode of One Foot in the Grave and the hapless Vince who ran the Whelk Home guest house with the brilliant Georgina Hale where he was again this dour character and thought it munificent to provide Victor with his gravestone.

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I think he had one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen. I'll have to check into on the buses, but I loved him as Smiler..

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I think he had one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen. I'll have to check into on the buses, but I loved him as Smiler..
You don’t need to apologise for bringing up old threads, that’s what they’re there for!!

Blakey from OTB is pretty much the same character as Smiler but in a bus inspector’s uniform!!!!!!!!

You don’t need to apologise for bringing up old threads, that’s what they’re there for!!

Blakey from OTB is pretty much the same character as Smiler but in a bus inspector’s uniform!!!!!!!!
I think as Blakey he was sometimes more aggressive

Back