"Say when"......

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
Iv'e been thinkin'.......
In these days of healthy livin'...where moderation and exercise is king........has anyone noticed just how much our heroes and heroines LOVE SUGAR !!!!....
Remember Nora with Ivy...when she was shoveling the spoonfulls in...and asked "SAY WHEN"...after putting what seemed like 10 into the small cup Ivy stops her...only for Nora to say..."Cutting down are you ?"....although our favourite battle axe admitted to Ivy "I never touch it myself"
Now Compo loves the sweet stuff !!!!....just check him out in the cafe.....spoon after spoon.
When Seymour left them to their own devices and went to the teaching post 20 miles away,and they were sitting in the cafe.....bored [prior to "the return of the warrior !!...a.k.a the silent killer...a.k.a. man with steel fingers...a.k.a. Foggy] Compo tried to give Cleggy "sugar poisoning" by putting in spoon after spoon after spoon....it was even too sweet for Cleggy !!!....
How things change......but...in my humble opinion....yer can keep yer sweeteners.......Sugar is king !!!!.
x!

@MoodyBlue you're like a Scouse Cleggy, a deep thinker who comes up with many of life's unanswerable quandaries :p:p:p

I'm not bright enough to come up with a lucid explanation, but I do recall what a doctor said, when asked by his patient "if I give up Drink, smoking and sugar will I live longer?" to which he replied "no but it will just seem longer" !!!!!

A quick story around sugar and sweets , when rationed my Mum used to go to the local variety theatre as a child with her family and there was a lady who sold replacement bags of sweets for the kids going in . Turned out to be cubes of raw turnip which would of course take some time to chew through but cant imagine tasted that sweet , not for me!

AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO DOES LOVE HER SUGAR !!!!!......Mrs Broadbent [or Mrs.Broadstairs according to Compo !!!]....the lady who "came with the van" !!!!.....remember in the cafe....Cleggy does not want to know if she takes sugar,because it will mean he will become too familiar with her.......our trio look across....and see her throwing spoonful after spoonful of sugar into her tea....."SHE TAKES SUGAR" exclaims Foggy...she needed all that energy to follow them across those hills !!!!
X!

A quick story around sugar and sweets , when rationed my Mum used to go to the local variety theatre as a child with her family and there was a lady who sold replacement bags of sweets for the kids going in . Turned out to be cubes of raw turnip which would of course take some time to chew through but cant imagine tasted that sweet , not for me!
My dad would tell a similar story, they had imagination back then.

Back