Second jab

Been flirty with the Nurse again Peri :oops: and she told you to Sling your Hook , well its years since you were in the Panto Peter Pan , you lost the prop you wore so you've Slung your arm instead. ;)

Last edited:
I've managed to get the pi..... err, passport pic the right way up so, in the words of Walter Batty, 'Whose a clever boy then?' :37:

Attachments

• passport 5.jpg
    passport 5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 11
As I mentioned in a previous post I asked the nurse if she would be kind enough to sew a button on my shirt cuff and she obliged. Here she is just checking for the right size needle. I told her that I had my Compo trousers on and that they also needed repairing. She repaired my trousers while I had them on but unfortunately she sewed my cheeks together which left me with another problem. I do not think it would be prudent of me to discuss this further issue with you and feel I must refrain from posting the photo of the rear repair but, there is another coincidence, I do believe her name is Nora. :eyesroll:

Attachments

• shirt button.jpg
    shirt button.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 12
To me you have photoshopped that picture and she actually is about to hit you hand with a ruler which you have conveniently edited out and replaced with what looks like the syringe in a plastic bag . Whatever you said to her spurred her to take retribution as the song says :-

Hold your hand out you're a naughty boy
Hold your hand out such a naughty naughty boy
Last night, out there, 'neath the pale moonlight
I say you, I saw you, everybody saw you
With a new Nurse in the park
You were strollin', full of joy
And you told me you'd never kissed a girl before
Hold your hand out you naughty boy
Hold your hand out you naughty boy
Hold your hand out you naughty, naughty, naughty, naughty boy

:)

Now for the serious news. AZ side effects. For more than 50 years I suffered with migraine, the pass me a gun type. 20 years ago I had a quad by-pass and the migraine stopped. It has been heaven not worrying about a migraine coming on. Yesterday we had our second jab. No problems, everything OK. Went to bed at 11 PM and at 2 AM I had a painful awakening..... MIGRAINE. During the fifty years that I was plagued with migraine not once did it start during the night. This one was obviously caused by the Astra Zeneca vaccine. October November time we will be due for a booster jab, like we are with flu jabs. I have been reading about why the second jab has more side effects. In future I will not be having anymore AZ.
Back later with something to make you smile.

Just had my second jab. It's breeze. See photo. I was also presented with a passport. See other photo. I couldn't put the second photo the right way up because my arm fell off when I reached down to adjust it. :frown2:

Didn't you get your passport at the first jab? Our family all did. We had the first part filled in and were told to bring it to the second jab to ensure we got the same type of vaccine the second time. We were also advised to carry it around with us as proof we had had a vaccine. Dad's having his second jab this afternoon, literally as I write this, so we're hoping Mum and I won't be far behind.

Didn't you get your passport at the first jab? Our family all did. We had the first part filled in and were told to bring it to the second jab to ensure we got the same type of vaccine the second time. We were also advised to carry it around with us as proof we had had a vaccine. Dad's having his second jab this afternoon, literally as I write this, so we're hoping Mum and I won't be far behind.
No Imi, we didn't get anything for our first jab. Not even a sweetie from the nice nurse. The one we got yesterday does seem a touch flimsy so we are trying to find a clear plastic container so we can wear it around our necks. A bit like a medal. Let's face it, living through this pandemic we deserve a medal.:36:

After the jab.
The nurse said "It may be stiff for a day or two". I had to have a close look at the puncture. I know that the NHS are having to make cut backs but I do admit to being concerned when she took a Black & Decker out of her bag to give me the jab.

Attachments

• needle hole 2.jpg
    needle hole 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 9
The YUCK part of the side effects lasted 30 hours and we are now back to normal. That is, we are now back to our lumberjack way of life.....LUMBERJACK?.... That means that we are at loggerheads. She keeps barking at me and I retaliate by cocking my leg up and p...... just a minute, someone is at the door. .....................
It's some bloke selling a cleansing fluid for removing black heads from knee caps. I ordered Jack to KILL, KILL but the guy just stood there extolling the virtues of SHINY KNOBBLY CAPS, the knee cap black head remover, supposedly a turn on for the opposite sex. I am not embarrassed to tell you that my sex days are a long distant memory because at 85, {nearly}, my ability for such indulgences are an impossibility due to some evil minded person putting a mouse trap in my trousers. I still have the scar and NO you cannot see it. Back to the salesman at the door. It seems that he was impervious to dog bites so I resorted to my last line of defense. I called my wife to the door. Do you know, I've lived here for more than 60 years and it is the first time I have seen anyone clear that gate. Pity about the spikes. Oh, I don't know though.:36:
Has anyone else had side effects from the second shot of the AV vaccine?

I received the Corporal Jones vaccine but so far only one dose 2nd due in May . Corporal Jones ? Well he was drafted in at my centre to help , I was late on parade and he put me on a Fizzer clearly with a silent P and extra Z so I had a very restful kip that night! :fp:

After the jab.
The nurse said "It may be stiff for a day or two". I had to have a close look at the puncture. I know that the NHS are having to make cut backs but I do admit to being concerned when she took a Black & Decker out of her bag to give me the jab.

You were lucky with a Black & Decker. I had a rusty whale harpoon.

Been Searching for a song Peri to mirror your experience :-

I saw her today, I saw her face, though it was a face I loved, but I knew
I had to run away, and get down on my knees and pray that the Nurse would go away
But still she begins (oh !!), needles and pins (uh)
Because of all my pride, the tears of pain I gotta hide.
;):)

Back